Baystate Health Practice Associate Griswold Center at Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer, Massachusetts
Performs reception and clerical duties for outpatient behavioral health office.
1) Greets, addresses and assists patients in a friendly and helpful manner.
2) Provides appropriate assistance and directs patients to the appropriate waiting area or treatment area.
3) Interacts professionally with co-workers and other healthcare providers.
4) Registers clients and obtains current information necessary for the maintenance of accurate records including demographic and payor status.
5) Inputs accurate and current data into the computer for registration and billing purposes.
6) Answers the telephone and intercom in a timely and polite manner (within 3-5 rings). This includes making appointments and taking messages for the staff.
7) Communicates ideas for improvement to the unit manager/charge nurse.
8) Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
9) Initiates computer imprinted encounter forms for specific tests or visits.
10) Organizes and manages activities to show consideration of the unit as a whole.
11) Reflects knowledge and judgment in decisions and actions within the job description of the receptionist.
12) Performs other clerical duties which include compiling statistical data and filing.
13) Maintains office supplies.
14) Collects fees for visits and maintains cash journals for billing and reimbursement purposes according to hospital policy.
15) Maintains established hospital and departmental policies and procedures regarding objectives, performance improvement, safety, environmental equipment and supplies.
16) Assists in care and maintenance of departmental equipment and supplies.
17) Attends in-service and other required meetings.
18) Performs other duties as directed by the Nurse Manager.
19) Accepts additional assignments willingly.
What you will need:
High School Diploma/GED (required)
Experience in a Behavioral Health Setting; preferred minimum one year
Demonstrates knowledge of computer system and medical terminology
Professional telephone mannerisms
Organizational and public relations skills
Able to read and communicate effectively in English
Typing assessment required
Located at the Griswold Center at Baystate Wing Hospital, Palmer, MA
Part-time, 24/Hours Week, vary day/evening schedule
Please submit a resume with online application
GED or HiSET (Required)
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Baystate Health Jobs