Vinfen Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Developmental Disabilities) in North Andover, Massachusetts
As a Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.), you can either assist in daily routine or episodic daily nursing aide care. Your work will be in a clinically intensive program that is tailored to meet the needs of a unique specialized population who have brain injuries, intellectual and developmental disabilities, or psychiatric conditions, and complex health needs. In your role you will work together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives.
Your duties include administering medication under the Medication Administration Plan (MAP) guidelines, assisting individuals to become more a part of their communities, and helping the program to meet the highest quality standards. You will employ rehabilitation values, principles and techniques, including skills training to help individuals served overcome barriers and to live more independently.
Response to Covid-19
Vinfen continues to follow the guidelines determined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and the Connecticut Department of Public Health. Vinfen leadership along with Vinfen's medical staff are closely monitoring the pandemic on a daily basis and make decisions that are best for the safety and well-being of the Vinfen community.
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus includes:
- Hiring process conducted via virtual and phone interviews
- Virtual New Employee Orientation and Virtual training
- Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group homes
- PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
- Restricting visitors in programs to reduce chances of exposure
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical insurance!
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance (no cost to you!)
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the option to purchase additional, voluntary, Short-Term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week):
- 15 days of Vacation per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 Sick Days per year
- 3 Personal Days per year
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships, access to discounted movie tickets and more!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: CNA, C.N.A., Certified Nurse Assitstant, Medical, nursing, community based, home care, healthcare
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Current C.N.A. certificate.
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year.
- All applicants must become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment.
All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, national fingerprinting, CNA certification and driving record check.
Thursday - Saturday 9am - 7pm
POSITION TYPE: Part time - Regular
Pay Rate: $14.75 / hour
City: North Andover