VCA Client Care Team Supervisor in Newton Highlands, Massachusetts
Company Info: VCA Animal Hospitals operates more than 1,000 small animal veterinary hospitals in the U.S., Canada and Japan. The hospitals are staffed by more than 4,500 fully qualified, dedicated and compassionate veterinarians to give pets the very best in medical care, of which over 600 are board certified specialists who are experts in areas such as oncology, cardiology, emergency and critical care, and surgery for animals. VCA Animal Hospitals provides a full range of general practice services to keep pets well and specialized treatments when pets are ill. As part of the Mars Veterinary Health family of brands, VCA is committed to its purpose—A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS®.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
VCA Rotherwood Animal Hospital is a multi-doctor small animal practice in Newton Highlands, Massachusetts—located just west of Boston
Client Care Supervisor
VCA Rotherwood Animal Hospital has been a part of the Newton community for more than 40 years. We have a strong focus on preventative medicine, and strive to collaborate with pet parents to improve medical outcomes for our patients. We are a three doctor, small animal practice that believes in the importance of dedicated client and patient care, and we are looking for an exceptional leader for our existing Client Care Team.
The Client Care Team is hub around which the hospital moves. Every day is different, which can be both exciting and challenging. The Client Care Supervisor will lead from within, supporting the Client Care Team as they balance the needs of our clients, patients, and staff. Exceptional Client Care is what we do. A successful Client Care Supervisor will understand that Client Care is a fundamental part of every role within the hospital. They will possess the desire to both lead and support their team. Training on the ‘WHAT’ and the ‘HOW’ of the job will be provided, as long as the ‘WHY’ is intrinsically understood.
What makes our hospital unique?
We have been around for a long time, allowing us to develop relationships with clients that span generations, of pets and humans!
Extremely supportive team that understands the need for everyone to have a healthy work-life balance.
Leadership that believes in training and development for all.
Multiple cross-trained employees, and an environment of support and collaboration.
We are always looking for people with potential and a desire for growth, within the hospital and within the company.
Who we’re looking for:
Client Care Team Members that have a natural desire to serve the community, and care for people and pets.
Positive communicators that can listen as well as talk, with clients and team members alike.
Collaborators that enjoy working in a team.
Interested and energetic people with a desire to learn and expand their skills.
People who recognize the need to ask for help, accept help, and offer help to others.
Experience in the veterinary medical field. (People who know what this job is about, and still want to do it anyway!)
Someone who values the honor and importance of developing, training, and supervising their team.
4-5 days per week
Includes some nights and weekends
Flexible scheduling opportunities
We invest in you!
Collaborative and supportive environment with mentorship available to allow you to advance in the special interests that you desire
Flexible Scheduling for work life balance
Competitive Compensation Package
Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ Vacation/ Sick time and Paid Holidays
Woof University – Online Training
Penn Foster discounts and scholarship opportunities
Generous personal pet care discounts
• Responsible for the day-to-day client service areas of the front office and internally with departmental relations. This includes interviewing, training, coaching, developing, mentoring and disciplinary action as appropriate.
• Direct on-the-job training to develop employee skill sets, advise employees of performance requirements with the standards of client service for the organization.
• Assist Hospital Manager with day to day operations.
• Resolve informal client complaints, maintain and report on these issues to the hospital manager.
• Responsible for the efficient day-to-day running of the front office to include enforcement of policies, procedures and protocols.
• Identify and provide recommendations for potential problems, non-routine situations, work flow processes, and client service needs to the hospital manager.
• Make decisions on behalf of the department utilizing good judgment, which demonstrates the best interest of the hospital and the clients.
• Coach employees and direct reports.
• Assist in the development and delivery of employee evaluations for the front desk with hospital manager.
• Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of reporting tools and queries needed to manage the business.
• Handle communication of financial information to clients and doctors.
• Act as a liaison between front office and other department supervisors.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
VCA began in 1986 as a privately owned company with one animal hospital. Today, we are the largest family of animal care providers nationwide. Despite unprecedented growth, VCA has never abandoned its devotion to compassionate, comprehensive pet care. Take a look at our open positions throughout the U.S. and Canada! We’re always looking for top notch talent to join the VCA family!