VCA Associate Veterinarian in Newton Highlands, Massachusetts
Company Info: VCA Inc. owns, operates, and manages the largest network of freestanding veterinary hospitals and veterinary clinical reference laboratories in North America, with over 900 hospitals located in the U.S. states and Canada, and more than 55 clinical laboratories. VCA is also a leading supplier of diagnostic imaging equipment to the veterinary industry, as well as operating a franchisor of premier dog daycare facilities.
If you are a current employee, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
VCA Rotherwood Animal Hospital is a multi-doctor small animal practice in Newton Highlands, Massachusetts—located just west of Boston
VCA Rotherwood Animal Hospital at http://www.vcahospitals.com/rotherwood/home is seeking an experienced Associate Veterinarian to join our expanding multi-doctor small animal practice in Newton Highlands, Massachusetts—located just west of Boston. We are accepting candidates looking for part time or full time positions.
Under policy direction of the Medical Director with support of the Regional Medical Director, the Associate Veterinarian provides professional medical, nutritional, dental and surgical diagnostics and treatment of companion animals. The successful candidate will understand that a high level of patient and client care is the priority of the practice. They will be professional at all times with clients and staff, maintain a positive and friendly attitude even in times of stress, and possess exemplary communication and interpersonal skills. In this position you'll use your superior medical judgment combined with a high level of empathy, confidence and humility to build a loyal client base and heal pets.
Education and Experience:
• A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
• A license to practice in the state in which he/she is employed.
• Dependable attendance is required.
• Any allergies to animals must be controllable through medication.
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
• Must be willing to work long or irregular hours under pressure conditions.
• This position requires the ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a minimum 8-hour day.
• Visual acuity sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people and understand written directions.
• Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand, give information in person and over the telephone.
• Fine motor skills adequate for utilizing hospital equipment such as electric clippers, scalpels, syringes, radiology equipment, laboratory equipment, computers, etc.
As a member of the VCA family, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Among the reasons to consider joining VCA are:
• Network of 4,500+ doctors, including more than 600 Specialists.
• Largest provider of Private Practice Internships and Residencies in the U.S.
• WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff.
• Robust Clinical Studies program.
• Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities.
We offer competitive compensation and great benefits for eligible employees, including medical/dental, generous personal pet care discounts and more!
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
VCA began in 1986 as a privately owned company with one animal hospital. Today, we are the largest family of animal care providers nationwide. Despite unprecedented growth, VCA has never abandoned its devotion to compassionate, comprehensive pet care. Take a look at our open positions throughout the U.S. and Canada! We’re always looking for top notch talent to join the VCA family!