Tenet Healthcare Supervisor HIM 40hrs Days EOW/EOH LMH in Natick, Massachusetts
Supervisor HIM 40hrs Days EOW/EOH LMH - 2105021400
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. In 2018, MetroWest Medical Center achieved the Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award™. This distinction makes MetroWest Medical Center one of the top 2% of more than 4,500 hospitals assessed nationwide for its consistent, year-over-year superior clinical performance as measured by Healthgrades, a leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Health Information Management, the HIM Supervisor supervises all Health Information Management functions at one of the Hospital’s satellite campuses. Trains new employees. Directs employees’ work activities to maximize productivity. Monitors quality of work. ensures that budget expectations for the Main File activities are met. Prepares schedules to ensure coverage of functions. Conducts performance appraisals & disciplinary procedures. Performs retrieval, chart control and data corrections functions. Performs medical record review functions including abstracting and preparation of reports.
• Directs and supervises personnel functions:
• Coordinates Purge Activities
• Coordinates & performs the activities of Storage/Retrieval.
• Coordinates Form Committee Activities
• Assists in development and implementation of new and revised systems and procedures
• Coordinates and performs the activities required to maintain the Physician’s Incomplete Record/Chart Control System
• Ensures integrity of Patient Master Index database through performance of data corrections and double medical record number consolidations.
• Reviews medical records utilizing JCAHO standards, medical staff rules and regs, DPH standards, Medicare’s COP and any other applicable documentation standards.
• Analyzes medical records for completion by physicians
• Coordinates the Suspension process
• Release of Information
• Maintains confidentiality of all patient medical record and financial information
• Performs all other duties as requested.
Responsible for day and evening shift employees. Coordinates multiple functions performed by multiple individuals. Accomplish objectives using management skills. Conduct performance appraisal activities. Conducts disciplinary procedures.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/ EXPERIENCE:
• Associate Degree in Health Information Management preferred. Minimum of high school education. Able to read, write and speak English.
• A minimum of 5 Years of experience working in a Health Information Department, with some experience in a supervisory and/or budgeting role preferred. Experience in operating PCs and software programs with full proficiency.
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology required
• RHIT preferred
• Effective speaking, reading and writing skills to utilize when interacting with other co-workers, departments, and clinicians
Ability to perform all physical activities associated with filing and retrieval of medical records (lifting, carrying, bending and stretching). Physical Health sufficient to meet ergonomic standards and demands of the position.
Job : Non-Clinical/Administrative
Primary Location : MA-Natick
Hospital/Facility : MetroWest Leonard Morse Hospital
Job Type: : Full-time
Shift Type: : Days
Req ID: 2105021400