Nantucket Cottage Hospital Speech Language Pathologist in Nantucket, Massachusetts
Full-time, 40 hours per week, Day shift
Administers diagnostic testing and provides comprehensive clinical treatment.
_Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities_
- Administers diagnostic testing procedures to determine extent of patient’s impairment and the prognosis for improvement. Identifies pertinent patient problems.
- Sets objective, measurable treatment goals, incorporating patient’s goals for functional outcomes. Establishes treatment plans.
- Performs treatment procedures and adapts equipment and therapy techniques to meet patient needs. Re‑evaluates patients, modifies treatment plan and procedures based on patient’s progress.
- Coordinates and performs Modified Barium Swallow Studies with the Radiology Department.
- Provides objective, analytical documentation of patient care, patient/family education, and information regarding units of services. Communicates with medical/allied health personnel regarding patient progress, needs, and discharge planning.
- Provides optimal age-appropriate care to population served. This may include infants (birth to 1 year), toddlers (1 to 3 years), preschool children (3 to 5 years), school age children (6 to 12 years), adolescents (12 to 18 years), young adults (19 to 45 years), middle adults (45 to 59 years), and late adults (60 years and older).
- Enhances professional growth through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Observes and follows established safety rules at all times, using all safeguards and safety equipment provided.
- Consistently meets work schedules.
- Demonstrates flexibility when goals, strategies, priorities or tasks change.
- Attends meetings as required
- Serves as a clinical resource for areas of expertise.
- Participates in quality improvement efforts.
- Manages time effectively and completes tasks within scheduled time frames.
- Demonstrates initiative and effective problem-solving skills within the scope of the position.
- Answers department telephones and provides information regarding speech therapy services.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information in accordance with Hospital policy and applicable statutes and regulations.
_Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required for the Position_
- Must be able to demonstrate adequate technical skills and judgment to function unsupervised during on-call, second shift, and weekend hours.
- Ability to supervise volunteers and interns.
- Ability to tactfully communicate with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to handle stress and work in emergency situations. Ability to use of fingers and hands to operate all department-related equipment as described on the Department checklist. Additionally, must use beeper, telephone, calculator, fax, and other related office equipment.
- Ability to frequently bend, using back and knees.
- Ability to lift between twenty (20) and one hundred (100) or more pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk constantly is required. Minimal crawling required.
- Ability to bend, twist, crouch, squat, pull, push, reach, and remain stationary for short period of times and perform repetitive motions.
- Ability to use hands, fingers, arms and wrists, hearing, smell, and verbal skills are required in order to perform job duties.
_Credentials and Experience Required___
- Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology required.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (/CCC/) in the fields of audiology and speech-language pathology.
- At least one (1) year of full-time or equivalent part-time professional experience as a speech therapist required.
- Current, valid Massachusetts Speech Language Pathology license issued by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Board of Registration of Speech-Language Pathology Audiology required.
- Primarily Outpatient Pediatrics with a lower volume of Inpatient & Outpatient Adults.
- Experience in performing Modified Barium Swallow Studies.
- Current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (“CPR”) certification required.
- Regular workweek requiring minimal additional hours.
- Must be available to work in the case of a declared hospital emergency.
Job: *Speech Language
Organization: *Nantucket Cottage Hospital (NCH)
Title: Speech Language Pathologist
Location: MA-Nantucket-NCH Nantucket Cottage Hospital
Requisition ID: 3208929