Nantucket Cottage Hospital Physical Therapist in Nantucket, Massachusetts
Full-time, 40 hours per week, day shift
Job Summary: Evaluates patients, establishes individualized treatment plans, and administers/supervises treatment and documentation in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Position involves both clinical and administrative components.
_Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities_
- Administers diagnostic testing procedures to determine extent of patient’s impairment and the prognosis for improvement. Identifies pertinent patient problems.
- Sets objective, measurable treatment goals, incorporating patient’s goals for functional outcomes. Establishes treatment plans.
- Performs treatment procedures and adapts equipment and therapy techniques to meet patient needs. Re-evaluates patient, modifies treatment plan and procedures based on patient’s progress.
- Provides objective, analytical documentation of patient care, patient/family education, and information regarding units of services. Communicates with medical/allied health personnel regarding patient progress, needs, and discharge planning.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Develops, coordinates, and participates in specialty programs, clinics, and/or program development projects.
- Develops, coordinates, and participates in student programs, as appropriate.
- Participates in Hospital-wide committees.
- Serves as a clinical resource for areas of expertise.
- Provides optimal age-appropriate care to population served. This may include infants (birth to 1 year), toddlers (1 to 3 years), preschool children (3 to 5 years), school age children (6 to 12 years), adolescents (12 to 18 years), young adults (19 to 45 years), middle adults (45 to 59 years), and late adults (60 years and older).
- Participates in quality improvement efforts.
- Orients new staff members and supervises support staff and volunteers as needed.
- Designs, schedules, and presents in-service programs for co-workers.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops, and presents in-service programs to staff at least annually on information obtained.
- Observes and follows established safety rules at all times, using all safeguards and safety equipment provided and reports any hazardous conditions, practices, or behaviors in the workplace.
- Consistently meets work schedule.
- Demonstrates flexibility when goals, priorities, strategies, or tasks change.
- Manages time effectively and completes tasks within scheduled time frames.
- Demonstrates initiative and effective problem-solving skills within the scope of the position.
- Answers department telephones and provides information regarding Rehabilitation Department services.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information in accordance with Hospital policy and applicable statutes and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
_Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required for the Position_
- Must be able to demonstrate adequate technical skills and judgment to function unsupervised during on-call, second shift, and weekend hours.
- Ability to supervise volunteers and interns.
- Ability to tactfully communicate with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to handle stress and work in emergency situations. Ability to use of fingers and hands to operate all department-related equipment as described on the Department checklist. Additionally, must use beeper, telephone, calculator, fax, and other related office equipment.
- Ability to frequently bend, using back and knees.
- Ability to lift between twenty (20) and (?) this # seems a bit high? one hundred (100) or more pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk constantly is required. Minimal crawling required.
- Ability to bend, twist, crouch, squat, pull, push, reach, and remain stationary for short period of times and perform repetitive motions.
- Ability to use hands, fingers, arms and wrists, hearing, smell, and verbal skills are required in order to perform job duties.
_Credentials and Experience Required___
- Bachelor’s Degree in physical therapy required.
- At least one (1) year of full-time or equivalent part-time, professional experience as a physical therapist preferred.
- Current, valid Massachusetts Physical Therapy license issued by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Board of Allied Health Professions required.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (“CPR”) certification required.
- Current, valid driver’s license and car required in order to make home visits
- Regular workweek requiring minimal additional hours, except for occasional weekend duties on rotating basis required as needed for patient care.
- Must be available to work in the case of a declared hospital emergency.
Job: *Physical Therapy
Organization: *Nantucket Cottage Hospital (NCH)
Title: Physical Therapist
Location: MA-Nantucket-NCH Nantucket Cottage Hospital
Requisition ID: 3139450