Nantucket Cottage Hospital Medical Staff Office Assistant - Full Time in Nantucket, Massachusetts
Working together with our community to achieve whole person wellness through health and related services.
An island community that enjoys physical, mental, emotional, & spiritual wellness.
The Medical Staff Office Assistant is responsible for overseeing the administrative component of provider credentialing, onboarding, offboarding and orientation.
_Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities_
- Initiates the Credentialing process for all Medical Staff and Allied Health Professionals.
- Ensures central credentialing has all relevant information to fully and accurately credential and privilege providers.
- Coordinates with central credentialing to respond to affiliation requests from other hospitals regarding providers with a current or past relationship with NCH.
- Collaborates with Payer Enrollment specialists to ensure timely paperwork is submitted to facilitate enrollment.
- Facilitates documentation of completion of requirements of physicians and allied health professionals in accordance with various regulatory agencies and hospital policies.
- Conducts provider outreach as requested to facilitate compliance with mandatory trainings and vaccine verification.
- Orients medical staff to credentialing process and information needed to meet requirements and policies
- Monitors the central credentialing portal to ensure timely reappointments.
- Maintains a current list of credentialed providers with their credentialing details for access by hospital staff.
- Key facilitator for physician onboarding and off-boarding process when providers leave the organization.
- Collaborates with the Housing Manager to make housing and car arrangements for on-call physicians in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensures distribution of appropriate meeting materials to the Medical Staff.
- Manages communication of provider on-call schedules.
- Responds to medical staff verification requests.
- Assists in the management of the medical staff support function as assigned as outlined in the entity Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Performs related administrative responsibilities for Medical Staff Office as requested.
- In collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer creates letters, memos, reports and statistical data as needed.
- Schedules, coordinates, prepares agenda, takes minutes, provides follow up and distributes meeting minutes of committees as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information in accordance with Hospital policy and applicable statutes and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
_Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required for the Position_
_Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required_
- Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to demonstrate adequate technical skills and judgment to function unsupervised during on-call, second shift, and weekend hours.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years’ experience in an administrative assistant capacity or related position
_Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Preferred_
- Knowledge of medical staff affairs operational processes.
- Knowledge of medical credentialing and privileging procedures and standards.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Working knowledge of clinical and/or hospital operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of clinical privilege criteria development.
- Knowledge of medical staff policies, regulations, and bylaws and the legal environment within which they operate.
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Database management skills including query and report generation.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred.
_Core Operating Principals_
Through the Lighthouse System of Whole Person Care, NCH strives to:
- LEARN from our patients, families, providers and staff,incorporating feedbackas we grow
- INITIATE apersonal, compassionate connectionwith each patient throughout their health care journey
- GUARANTEEfamily-focused, seamless, equitable and timely accesstoworld-class, high-quality care
- HIGHLIGHT the need to always respectprivacy and patient confidentiality
- THOUGHTFULLYintegrate multi-disciplinary approachesto mind, body and spirit wellness, demonstrablyimproving the health statusof Nantucket residents
- HONORNCH employeesby celebrating their successes, investing in their well-being and promoting diversity and inclusion
- OFFERinclusive, inviting facilitieswhere all people feel welcome
- UNDERSTANDeach patient’s unique story, enabling them to be an active partner in their care
- SECURE afinancially sustainable futurefor NCH
- EXPRESSgratitudefor the essential support provided by our island community
- Must be available to work in the case of a Hospital declared emergency.
Organization: *Nantucket Cottage Hospital (NCH)
Title: Medical Staff Office Assistant - Full Time
Location: MA-Nantucket-NCH Nantucket Cottage Hospital
Requisition ID: 3199255