Beth Israel Lahey Health Nursing Supervisor - Nursing Float (Per Diem, Evening/Night Shifts)) in Milton, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Evening (United States of America)
This position supports the Nursing Float Pool. It is per diem, with evening, night, and weekend shifts available.
Assumes hospital management function dealing with the appropriate resolution of crisis situations to assure the smooth-flowing operation of the hospital, with direct communication access to the administrative officer on duty. Functions as resource person to in-house nursing personnel on issues involving nursing practice, standards, policy and procedure, as either the individual who has competency in the area or knowledge of how to obtain that individual.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Coordinates the activity of nursing personnel and other departments' personnel as appropriate. Analyzes staffing requirements, assigns personnel, calls in replacement personnel or authorizes overtime as needed.
· Reassigns personnel as appropriate and assists in the evaluation and/or discipline process for assigned personnel.
· Resolves conflicts or problems that may develop or refers to administrative officer on duty as appropriate.
· Supervises nursing staff in carrying out their responsibilities in the management of patient care.
· Communicates effectively with the medical staff regarding issues pertinent to patient care which require discussion and/or resolution.
· Communicates pertinent clinical and management issues to the oncoming supervisor as well as documenting such information on the administrative report and the action taken. Promotes effective interdepartmental and intradepartmental communications.
· Participates in the development of goals and objectives for the Nursing Department as appropriate. Reviews nursing practices, standards, policies and procedures and makes appropriate recommendations for change, and insures adherence to established nursing practices, standards, policies and procedures.
· Researches, develops and makes recommendations regarding projects assigned by the Director of Nursing Operations.
· Communicates short-term solutions, as well as longer range problems requiring resolution to the appropriate department manager.
· Coordinates certain functions of other departments in their absence to include, but not be limited to, distributing medications dispensed from the night pharmacy, arranging for emergency surgery, etc.
· Assists with the educational development of all nursing staff.
· Attends and participates in department, committee and other hospital meetings as appropriate or as designated.
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton
TITLE: NURSING SUPERVISOR DEPARTMENT: NURSING SUPPORT
· Attends and participates in external conferences, seminars, etc. to maintain awareness of new legal and other trends, theories, methods and techniques.
· Performs and ensures that assigned personnel perform all duties in accordance with safety and other laws, rules and regulations as set forth by appropriate regulatory and government agencies and in accordance with department and hospital policies and procedures.
· Utilizes Universal Precautions and approved infection control techniques for self and works with subordinates to see that they understand and use Universal Precautions.
· Participates in nursing and hospital-wide quality improvement and performance improvement initiatives.
· Performs job functions in a manner which promotes the safety and health of the worker, co-workers, patients and visitors in BID-Milton.
· Performs similar or related duties as may be necessary on an emergency, temporary or limited basis, or as directed.
· Obtains and uses information to manage patient care and to improve patient outcome.
· Employee maintains competencies (position specific and hospital-wide) required for the specific patient population served.
· The nature of the tasks/responsibilities required of employees in this position will likely expose them to blood and body fluids. Employees will be oriented to and required to understand and
follow the standard precautions for infection control. A summary list of tasks and procedures that may cause exposure to blood and body fluids is listed in the attached Physical Abilities Job Description. Also identified is the protective gear that is available.
· The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skill required of personnel so classified.
Min Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or equivalent previous experience
Licensure: Registered Nurse. Current registered nurse in good standing; licensed by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing.
Min Experience: Five to seven years of progressive clinical experience in medical-surgical nursing and demonstrated leadership skills. B.L.S. and A.C.LS. required.
NURSING SUPERVISOR EVE/NIGHTS (RN)
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs