Beth Israel Lahey Health Nursing Assistant in Milton, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
Beth Israel Deaconess Milton is committed to improving the health of our community by providing exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect for all.
A plan of care is followed in assisting patients with accomplishing activities of daily living and activities of hygiene as a member of the nursing team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under the general management and supervision of the Nurse Manager, and/or direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs a variety of selected nursing activities, to include but not limited to,
o taking of vital signs,
o collection of specimens,
o documentation of specific portions of patient's medical record
o assisting patient with personal hygiene and body mechanics of standing, sitting and ambulation as necessary
o provides quality patient care, assisting with activities of daily living
o communicates effectively with patients and their families where appropriate
o assist with transport of patients leaving the area when necessary
o weigh patients and records on patient record if necessary
• Communicates pertinent observations and changes in patient's conditions to the Registered Nurse.
• Participates in the delivery of emergency care under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Physician.
Involved as directed with quality improvement studies and activities specific to the unit.
• Considers specific cultural beliefs and practices when caring for patients. Utilizes interpreter services for patients with limited English proficiency
• Collaborates, cooperates and communicates with other health care providers to ensure quality and continuity of care.
• Provides care appropriate to the age groups of patients regularly served; seeks assistance for resources of other age groups that need care.
• Employee maintains competencies (position specific and hospital-wide) required for the specific patient population served.
• Performs all duties in accordance with safety and other laws, rules and regulations as set forth by appropriate regulatory and governmental agencies and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policy and procedure.
• Adheres to standard precautions.
• Actively participates in unit based Q.I. studies and unit meetings.
• May participate as a member of nursing committees, in-services and orientation programs as directed.
• Attends and/or participates in in-house or outside training programs to improve and augment skills and knowledge.
• Shall assist in the ordering and upkeep of supplies as assigned by the Nurse Manager.
• Provides care to a variety of medical/surgical patients with a range of diagnoses, including, but not limited to:
• May be required to perform similar or related duties as may be necessary on an emergency basis or as designated by the department manager or supervisor.
• The nature of the tasks /responsibilities required of employees in this position will likely expose them to blood and body fluids. Employees will be oriented to and required to understand and
follow the standard precautions for infection control. A summary list of tasks and procedures that may cause exposure to blood and body fluids is listed in the attached Physical Abilities Job Description. Also identified is the protective gear that is available.
Min Experience: Skills/Other:
Equivalent to the completion of high school and completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant Training Program or if a nursing student, the completion of at least one clinical semester.
Previous, experience as a nursing assistant preferred.
Basic Life Support certification (required within six months of hire).
A Physical Abilities Job Description is a component of this Job Description
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skill required of personnel so classified.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs