Steward Health Care System Physical Therapist - Registere in Methuen, Massachusetts
Responsible for providing direct patient care including assessing, interpreting, planning and implementing physical therapy treatments and supervising the PT assistant(s)/Aides in the outpatient setting. Performs in accordance with the facility's policies and procedures. Follows the facility's standards for ethical business conduct. Conducts self as a positive role model and team member. Participates in facility committees, meetings, in-services, and activities.
- Assesses patient condition, establishes goals, treatments and care plan in conjunction with patient/family.
- Ensures that appropriate treatment is performed in interdisciplinary fashion, consulting with physicians and other departments about impact of PT factors on patient health status.
- Complies with appropriate clinic policies related to infection control, safety, regulations.
- Documents findings, treatment and other patient information for medical record.
- Educates patient/family on appropriate care and use of various therapies/exercises.
- Serves as information/education resource for patients, families, and staff.
- Oversees Physical Therapy Assistants, Physical Therapy Aides, Students.
- Perform all other duties as directed.
- Minimal requirement of a Masters in Physical Therapy, current Massachusetts PT license, and BCLS certification.
- Minimum of two-four years experience as PT in an outpatient setting preferred.
- Additional certification or training in Lymphedema or Pelvic Floor treatment is a plus
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish is a plus
- Knowledge of physical therapy principles, standards, practices.
- Knowledge of how to use/maintain physical therapy equipment and devices.
- Knowledge of clinic policies/procedures, regulations, safety/infection control, and quality control requirements.
- Skill in appropriate evaluation and treatment of patients.
- Skill in using PT equipment by consistently using devices appropriately to improve patient health status.
- Skill in appropriate compliance with infection control, safety and QI standards.
- Skill in effectively maintaining equipment, successfully competing competency testing.
- Ability to communicate clearly with patients, families, staff and establish/maintain effective relationships.
- Ability to evaluate utilization and quality data and make necessary modifications in performance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in verbal and written form and via effective problem resolution.
- Ability to complete documentation within a limited timeframe.
- Primarily treatment/exercise room setting. While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to walk; stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear; occasionally required to sit or stand. May be exposed to various patient conditions including infectious diseases, blood, and bodily fluids. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift/carry equipment up to a 100 pounds and to move apparatus as needed. Requires ability to transfer/transport patients safely. Occasional stress from dealing with patient non-compliance and schedule changes.