Wellforce Medical Assistant, Endocrinology in Medford, Massachusetts
Tufts Medical Center Community Care is seeking medical assistants that will provide clinical support to the physicians and other clinical staff. The medical assistant will have an impact on the patient’s experience by assisting in the examination and treatment of patients in collaboration with our top healthcare providers and ambulatory support staff. The medical assistant is a very important part of the care team and our growing practices are looking for the right candidates to join our organization.
The Medical Assistant in our busy Endocrinology practices will work in the phone room and is responsible for assisting providers in all aspects:
· Actively participates in huddles and/or other pre-visit planning activities.
· Provides instructions and education to patients as instructed by providers.
· The Medical Assistant will assist with the patient visit and also post-visit duties, scheduling follow up care, calling for prior authorizations and referral consults.
· The Medical Assistant will assist in triaging calls from patients and communicating patient concerns in EMR to the provider.
· The Medical Assistant will assist in managing the workflow of the schedule, insuring patients are being seen in a timely manner and communicating to the providers any schedule changes that impact patient flow.
· Other duties will include scheduling appointments, processing prescription refills and will cross train at the front desk.
Certified Medical Assistant or graduate of an accredited program required.
Will consider non certified/non-graduate Medical Assistants with a minimum of 3 years of Medical Assistant experience with agreement to become certified after 6 months of employment. (TMCCC professional development program will pay for cost of certification test)
Prior experience with 2+ years of Medical Assisting strongly preferred.
Previous office experience or relative outpatient experience desired
Must have previous EMR experience and have excellent computer skills.
Ability to prioritize work and complete tasks in a timely manner.
Ability to work independently and accurately with excellent follow-through.
About Tufts Medical Center Community Care: Formerly known as Hallmark Health Medical Associates Tufts Medical Center Community Care is comprised of more than 90 primary care doctors, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and specialists. We provide patient care in internal medicine, family medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and multiple specialties, including gastroenterology, rheumatology, surgery, neurology and neurosurgery, hematology and oncology, endocrinology, and infectious diseases. Tufts Medical Center Community Care is affiliated with MelroseWakefield Healthcare, including MelroseWakefield Hospital and Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford.
MelroseWakefield Healthcare/Tufts Medical Center Community Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.