The Mentor Network Registered Nurse Supervisor in Malden, Massachusetts
Registered Nurse Supervisor Primary Location: MA-MAMalden-263 Commercial St Function: Clinical Adult Day Health Inc Everyperson needs the support of others, but we look for very special people tosupport the seniors and adults we serve. Description
As an RNSupervisor with Adult Day Health , you’ll be one of those special people. Adult Day Health offers a continuum of services andsupports for elders, including those with complex medical orrehabilitative needs. Our services help those we serve feel their best andbe as active as they would like to be. Our caring staff works with eachparticipant to create an individualized Plan of Care thatfits their needs and interests. For one adult, this may mean help managingan illness such as diabetes. For another, it may mean social activities;help with medications and meals tailored to their special dietaryneeds. Depending on each person’s unique needs, the care plan may includeservices such as nursing care, social activities, healthy,delicious meals, and transportation to and from their local center.
Adult DayHealth is seeking a dynamic and passionateperson to serve as RN Supervisor and provide nursing services, training, and support to address themedical, behavioral, and psychiatric needs of individuals.
Specific tasks include:
- Plans and organizes activities in nursing services, to ensure patientneeds are met in accordance with instructions of physician and the facility’sadministrative procedures.
- Manages the administration of medications, performance of physicalassessments, provision of treatments, and scheduling of medical appointments.
- Evaluates nursing activities to ensure patient care, staff relations,and efficiency of service.
- Observes nursing care for patients to ensure that nursing care iscarried out as directed and that treatment is administered in accordance withphysician's instructions.
- Inspects patient facilities for cleanliness and comfort.
- Orders, or directs ordering of drugs, solutions, and equipment, andmaintains records on narcotics.
- Investigates and resolves complaints, and refers unusual problems tosuperior. Plans and organizes orientation and in-service training for staffmembers, and participates in guidance and educational programs.
- Participates in the Quality Improvement Program
- Directs and supervises two or more RNs or LPNs including performanceevaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training
- Participates in decisions on clinical hires, transfers, promotions,salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions
- Resolves employee problems within position responsibilities