Lowell Community Health Center Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse in Lowell, Massachusetts
Under general supervision, provides nursing and health care services to individuals and families in an outpatient primary care environment with assignments in family medicine. Responsible for the management, provision, and evaluation of nursing care in their center area of assignment. Assist with telephone and face-to-face patient communications, physical exams, lab testing, patient education. Responds to patient needs and assures health care services for patients and families are reflective of Lowell Community Health Center mission and values. Incumbent works as part of the nursing team and assists in the continuity of medical/health care for patients.
- Assists with provision of care that includes treatment, teaching and counseling.
- Recognizes and interprets symptoms of patient’s conditions and reports to appropriate health care provider.
- Provides direct nursing services to patients and their families. These services include, but are not exclusive to:
- Able to Prepares patients for examination:
- Maintains clinical logs for central area
- Develops a system for summarizing clinical and laboratory data for evaluation and planning purposes, and quality assurance
- Assists with the planning and implementation of educational programs for patients and families to increase awareness of relevant medical conditions, decrease risk-behaviors, and increase responsibility for self-care.
- Attends and participates in in-service education programs for staff, quality assurance programs, and risk-management programs
Education & qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Registered Nurse License in the state of MA
- Current CPR
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Other Job Information (if applicable):
Job Code: 2019-2049-009
Department: FAMILY MEDICINE
FT/PT Status: Per Diem
Location: 161 Jackson Street, Lowell, MA