Tufts Medicine Mental Health Technician in Lowell, Massachusetts
We’re saving lives, building careers, and reimagining healthcare. We can’t wait to grow alongside you.
At Lowell General Hospital / Tufts Medicine, we’re saving lives, building careers, and reimagining healthcare. Ready to grow with us?
If you are interested and have a passion to work with Behavioral Health Patients, then this is a perfect opportunity to do so in a brand-new facility located within Saints Memorial Hospital.
Hours: Per Diem - Night shift
Rotating weekend & holiday shifts are required.
Location: Saints Campus - Sullivan- Lowell General Hospital
In this role you will:
• Provide direct assistance to adult patients by socializing, assisting, and observing behavior. The technician observes patients for any abnormal behavioral or physical signs.
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Documents observations and activity of patient. Keeps detailed records, reporting changes in patients' behavior to the clinical care team.
• Establishes a therapeutic relationship with assigned patients and helps patients with daily living activities such as daily hygiene, showering and clothing.
• Takes vital signs, weighs patients and collects routine specimens.
• Training provided
• High school diploma or GED
• Health, Science or Psychology major/degree a plus
• Experience in the mental health field a plus,
• Requires patience, the ability to handle stressful and demanding situations, empathy, compassion, and exceptional communication and observing skills.
• Strong customer service skills
• BLS certified
What We Offer:
Not only is Lowell General Hospital an exceptional place to work, offering a culture of recognizing and valuing employees, we provide amazing opportunities for our staff:
Competitive salaries & benefits
403(b) retirement plan with hospital match
Opportunities for growth
Free on-campus parking
About Lowell General
For more than 125 years, Lowell General has served the Greater Lowell community with pride. We balance the first-rate care of a premier medical center with the warmth of a three-time Magnet®-recognized community hospital. As a member of our team, you’ll join over 3,000 dedicated care providers to offer complete, connected care, when and where patients need it most.
Tufts Medicine is a leading integrated health system bringing together the best of academic and community healthcare to deliver exceptional, connected and accessible care experiences to consumers across Massachusetts. Comprised of Tufts Medical Center, Lowell General Hospital, MelroseWakefield Hospital, Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford, Care at Home - an expansive home care network, and large integrated physician network. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation by emailing us at email@example.com .