Lawrence General Hospital Director, Infection Prevention and Control in Lawrence, Massachusetts
The Infection Prevention & Control Director is responsible for the oversight and direction of all infection prevention and control activities, including identification of infectious disease processes, surveillance and epidemiologic investigation, prevention and control of the transmission of infectious agents, personnel management, program development and management, and organization wide education and communication related to infection prevention and control.
The infection prevention and control department is responsible for educational activities to assure the adoption of infection control practices, data management related to HAI prevention and outcome measures and management activities such as participation in developing the infection risk assessment, development of the infection prevention and control program plan, and communication of infection prevention and control findings, recommendations, practice changes and active participation in the planning and implementation of the Emergency Preparedness program as it relates to infectious agents such as pandemic flu.
· Bachelor's Degree in healthcare, behavioral science or related field required.
· Licensed or certified healthcare professional with current registration/certification required.
· Three to five years of relevant experience in hospital health care.
· Certification in Infection Prevention and Control "CIC" by passing the CBT (Computer Based Test) or SARE (Self-Achievement Recertification Examination)
· Knowledge of infectious disease processes, surveillance and epidemiologic investigation procedures, prevention and control of the transmission of infectious agent practices, development of a hospital Risk Assessment and Infection Prevention & Control Plan, HAI prevention bundle measures and HAI publicly reported measures.