Vinfen Consulting Psychiatrist in Lawrence, Massachusetts
The Adult Clinical Community Supports (ACCS) Psychiatrist promotes the full integration and functioning of adults with mental health condistions to live successfully in the community by providing consultation and oversight of complex risk mitigation activities for persons served, as well as behavioral and physical health monitoring and support to the Team, GLE and SIE ACCS staff. The ACCS Psychiatrist provides medication bridging services and facilitates access to psychiatric and substance use care as needed.
Job Duties_ and Responsibilities:_
- Work with the Area Clinical Director to provide expert consultation and advise on risk mitigation for high risk Persons Served with high risk behaviors and/or history served by the Team. Suggest appropriate interventions to guide treatment provided by LPHA Clinicians for Team/IGLE/GLE/SIE Persons Served with high risk behaviors and/or history.
- Work with Team Leader to collaborate with health care providers including psychiatrists, specialists, and primary care physicians and Care Coordination entities to help Persons Served gain access to needed health care.
- Interface with external parties (DMH, Care Coordination entities, acute treatment providers, etc.) as needed on Risk Mitigation for Persons Served, behavioral health monitoring and support.
- Assist Team Leader in collaborating with Care Coordination entities to access needed mental health and health services for Persons Served .
- Assess Persons Served capacity to appreciate the risks and benefits of treatment and/or medications. Work with DMH to obtain and maintain guardianships for Persons Served by the Team who have been determined to lack the capacity to give informed consent to treatment. This includes completing the assessment and documentation required to seek a Roger's or full guardianship.
- Work with Persons Served to assess need for representative payee to manage social security funds and complete paperwork necessary to apply for such.
- Promote healthcare and employment services access for Persons Served.
- Consult with Team, IGLE, GLE and SIE staff to promote Persons Served engagement, housing permanency, community tenure, achievement of greater self-sufficiency and successful completion of service.
- Complete clinical assessments of Persons Served and document findings.
- Complete Section 12 and Section 35 for Persons Served believed to meet the criteria for civil commitment.
- Order, interpret and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess ACCS Persons Served mental health and health care needs.
- Prescribe medications for Persons Served as yet unwilling/unable to access community-based outpatient services on a temporary basis.
- Consult with Medical Director and Director of Nursing as needed.
- Employ trauma informed, recovery-oriented, person-centered, culturally competent and strengths-based approaches and skills training techniques.
- Promote engagement, safe housing, community tenure, achievement of greater self-sufficiency and successful completion of service for all Persons Served.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Response to Covid-19
Vinfen continues to follow the guidelines determined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and the Connecticut Department of Public Health. Vinfen leadership along with Vinfen's medical staff are closely monitoring the pandemic on a daily basis and make decisions that are best for the safety and well-being of the Vinfen community.
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus includes:
- Hiring process conducted via virtual and phone interviews
- Virtual New Employee Orientation and Virtual Training
- Work from home arrangements available for eligible positions
- Laptop and iPhone provided for eligible positions
- Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group homes
- Weekly virtual wellness and virtual group gatherings scheduled to maintain sense of community with team members
- PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. Vinfen supports thousands of adolescents and adults with psychiatric, developmental and behavioral disabilities at more than 200 sites with 2,800 employees in eastern Massachusetts and Connecticut. www.vinfen.org/careers
My Vinfen. My Community. My Job.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Psychiatrist, MD, Prescriber, Remote services, clinical services, telehealth
- MD degree from an accredited medical school with completed internship and adult psychiatry residency experience required.
- Board of Psychiatric and Neurology (APBN) board certification in Adult Psychiatry preferred; eligibility for Board certification required. ABPN subspecialty Board certification in Child and Adolescent, Forensic, Substance Abuse or Geriatric Psychiatry welcome but not required.
- Community mental health experience supporting people living independently strongly preferred.
- Experience working with people with psychiatric disability and/or co-occurring disorders including substance misuse/addiction and/or medical conditions preferred.
- Preference given to bilingual/bicultural applicants and applicants with lived experience of psychiatric conditions.
All candidates for this position must be a least 21 years of age and have held a valid US driver's license for at least one year and should be able to pass a CORI, driving record, employment reference, educational and professional licensure check as well as a multi-state background check.
Flexible week day schedules available. To be agreed upon during interview process
POSITION TYPE: Part time - Regular
Pay Rate: TBD