Baystate Health Supervisor Molecular Pathology, Full Time in Holyoke, Massachusetts
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health**is an integrated health care delivery system serving a population of nearly 1 million people in western Massachusetts. We are one of the largest health systems in New England with over 11,500 employees, five hospitals, and over 60 medical practices. Baystate Medical Center is the only Level 1 Trauma Center in the region and has the only neonatal and pediatric intensive care units.
*Baystate Health is Seeking a Full-Time Baystate Reference Lab Supervisor *
What You Will Do:
The Baystate Reference Lab Supervisor in Molecular Pathology reports directly to the Manager ofMolecular Pathology. Individual must possess practical knowledge of molecular techniques. Oncology and Next Generation Sequencing knowledge/experience preferred.
Additional Responsibilities Will Include:
- Applicant must have the ability to work collaboratively with contacts both internal and external to the laboratory, and to make decisions and direct the activities of others.
- Responsibilities include development and maintenance of policies and procedures, monitoring quality assurance activities, staff supervision and scheduling, performance management and recruitment, method evaluations, oversight of instrument maintenance and taking off shift call as required. Other duties and special projects as required.
- Incumbent plays major role in assuring section compliance with all CMS, CLIA, CAP, Joint Commission, DPH, OSHA and other regulations.
- Incumbent must support and model organizational behavioral standards in maintaining a positive work environment
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Molecular Biology or related laboratory science required
- Minimum 5 years of laboratory experience in Molecular biology
- High level verbal and written communication skills required. High level organizational and analytic skills required. High level computer skills required (Microsoft office, LIS, bioinformatics, etc).
- ASCP (MB) Certification required
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 81665
Location: Holyoke, Massachusetts