Massachusetts Healthcare Jobs

MassHire JobQuest Logo

Job Information

Veterans Home of Holyoke Recreational Therapist in Holyoke, Massachusetts

Assist in the planning and implementation of activities suitable for Veterans in a long-term care facility Assist in the development of individual Veteran therapeutic goals and objectives Support Veterans? spiritual, emotional and physical needs Responsible for the completion of recreation documentation (i.e. progress notes, assessments, MDS) Assist with community trips and special events Order and maintain recreational supplies and equipment to ensure their availability and safety for Veteran use Provide leisure education designed to help the Veterans acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for independence and social involvement Attend professional meetings, seminars and conferences to maintain a comprehensive and current knowledge of recreation therapy Required Qualifications: Knowledge and understanding of Recreation Therapy principles and techniques Ability to work effectively as a member of the interdisciplinary team Ability to deal tactfully with others and to lead a group Ability to motivate others and interact with people who are under physical and/or emotional stress Ability to plan, assign and coordinate the activities of others Ability to exercise sound judgement as well as discretion in handling confidential information Preferred Qualifications: CTRS Certification (Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist) Experience working in a long-term care facility Experience working with geriatric and/or memory-impaired populations Talent for recognizing the cultural diversity of the Home and ensure sensitive and equitable treatment for all who work and visit the facility Applicants must have at least (A) two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, technical or professional experience in planning, organizing, instituting or conducting therapeutic recreation services in a recognized public or private agency, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience in the substitution below. Substitutions: I. A Bachelor\'s or higher degree with a major in recreation, recreation education, creative arts therapy or therapeutic recreation may be substituted for the required experience.* *Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.