Baystate Health Nurse Navigator Heart and Vascular Service Line, Access Service in Holyoke, Massachusetts
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health**is an integrated health care delivery system serving a population of nearly 1 million people in western Massachusetts. We are one of the largest health systems in New England with over 11,500 employees, five hospitals, and over 60 medical practices. Baystate Medical Center is the only Level 1 Trauma Center in the region and has the only neonatal and pediatric intensive care units.
* Responsibilities: *
The Heart & Vascular (H&V;) call center nurse navigator coordinates the patient experience ensuring timely access to appropriate care and seamless coordination of services throughout the continuum. Responsible for the management of care for a defined group of patients, works collaboratively with physicians and other health team members, and is available to patients and families for care coordination. The nurse will provide medical information and education to patient and families so they understand and comprehend the treatment and services rendered within the H&V; ambulatory programs and will coordinate new patient appointments, post-procedure and inpatient follow-up care to ensure a seamless transfer of care for patients transitioning from the hospital to the ambulatory care setting.
The nurse navigator will identify potential barriers to timely care and seek out appropriate resources assistance. Assumes a role in collaborating on establishing and implementing policies/procedures and standards for the H&V; scheduling team and will assume accountability for own professional practice and for aspects of patient care delegated to others.
- Responsible for coordination of services for individual patients and their families/significant others including referring physician offices and other healthcare disciplines.
- Identified as the key contact person for new patients presenting to the H&V; service line. Reviews clinical data with the patient or referring provider. Determines appropriate cardiovascular specialist and appointment timeframe. Aligns the right care for the patient, within the right timeframe, and with the right cardiovascular provider.
- appropriately utilizes the cardiology and vascular consult clinic to expedite urgent consults. Supports the “just say yes” model.
- Provides ongoing education and support to the H&V; scheduling team and is a resource for clinical questions as related to appointment, diagnostic testing and procedural scheduling.
- Partners and collaborates with clinical program coordinators. Accurately shares program information to community & referring physicians.
What you will Need:
MA License as a Registered Nurse
5 years minimum as a Registered Nurse
Minimum of 2-3 years of cardiovascular experience preferred.
Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of patients, family and staff.Able to serve as an effective key member of interdisciplinary team in case conferences and other settings. Able to assess and counsel patients and families across the care continuum.
What You Need to Know:
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Scheduled Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am-5:00pm
- Located at 361 Whitney Ave. Holyoke, MA
- Please submit a Resume with your application.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 80709
Location: Holyoke, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Full-Time