Trinity Health Diet Aide in Holyoke, Massachusetts
Sets up tray line assembly, portion foods for patient trays according to patient menu selections and transport trays to patient on nursing units. Performs a variety of other related duties including loading and operating dishwashers, preparing basic food items and maintaining work area in clean and orderly condition.
*PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:*
- Demonstrates, promotes and integrates the Sisters of Providence Care Centers Mission and core values by:
- Prepares workstation for patient tray assembly by stocking necessary food or non-food items according to assignment.
- Prepares patient food trays, working as part of an assembly line. In doing so, portions hot or cold foods, and dispense beverages and necessary condiments on trays in accordance with individually prescribed or selected menus. Counts and weighs food items according to established procedures.
- Transports trays to patient care areas by use of dumbwaiter or food carts. Transport individual trays or nourishment according to patient menu selections.
- Prepares toast, boiled eggs and other basic food items requiring limited food preparation skills according to specific directions.
- Removes paper, trash and utensils from serving trays, and places dirty utensils and dinnerware on dish room conveyor.
- Scrapes, sorts and stacks dishes and utensils, and places same in appropriate racks in preparation for washing.
- Loads dishwashers according to procedure, and unloads dishes, utensils, glasses and so forth from dishwashing machine, and places in appropriate storage areas.
- Maintains proper sanitation standards in tray line and dish room work areas by cleaning counters, tables and refrigerators, mopping floors and so forth. Keeps work areas neat and orderly.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions and no previous experience plus three months or less of on-the-job training and orientation.
- No certification, registration, or licensure required.
- Work requires the analytical ability to read and understand instructions, add and subtract numbers, and make comparisons between numbers and letters.
- Work requires the ability to understand and respond to simple written or verbal instructions. Occasionally requires contact with patients and/or visitors, which involves ordinary courtesy.
- Work requires lifting objects weighing up to 20 pounds on an hourly basis.
- Work requires standing for up to two hours at a time on an hourly basis.
- Work requires ability to reach and grasp objects.
- Work requires pushing or pulling supply carts on daily basis.
- Requires handling of hot liquids, toxic or flammable chemicals, or contaminated materials, which requires caution and use of established safety guidelines and equipment.
- Reports to the Supervisor, Dietary.
- Has no responsibility for leading or supervising the work of other employees.
Job Number: 00181584
Location: Holyoke, MA
Organization Name: Trinity Health Senior Communities
Facility: THSC - Mt St Vincent
Employment Type: Part time