Steward Health Care System Central Supply Technician in Haverhill, Massachusetts
Per Diem – fill in hours
Must be available 12 weekend shifts per year
Must be available for 2 holiday shifts per year (Memorial Day, Independence Day or Labor Day) and one winter (Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year's)
Must be available 2 additional shifts per month
This position is covered by the SEIU Collective Bargaining Agreement
The Central Supply Technician is responsible for the decontamination, cleaning, processing and sterilization of supplies and equipment dispensed by the department following established infection control practices.
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology and nomenclature of items and equipment used by the department.
- Knowledgeable with cleaning and sterilization procedures and techniques.
- Conscientious regard for technical and minute procedures.
- Basic understanding of various functions of the department.
- Must be conscientious with regard to procedures and capable of working under pressure and interacting professionally with other departments within the hospital.
- Must also be able to accept new ideas and learn position duties.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Graduate of high school or equivalent.
Minimum of one year experience as Central Sterile Technician.
Basic computer knowledge.