Lahey Health Reg & Scheduling Specialist/Full Time/Hamilton, MA in Hamilton Wenham, Massachusetts
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Register new patients to the Lahey system, accurately gathering all pertinent information: demographic, insurance, contact
- Verifies and updates all insurance and demographic information on existing patients, including gathering any alternate insurance data.
- Interacts with patients when scheduling appointments to insure patient satisfaction and notifies all patients by phone of any changes in appointments 100% of the time for all transactions; cancels, reschedules, and bumped appointments.
- Demonstrates understanding of managed care guidelines and booking rules.
- Demonstrates understanding of Ref MD access rules and significance of inputting Ref MD information.
- Triages all appointments to appropriate resource, within 98% degree of accuracy and in appropriate time frame. Schedules multiple appointments in the proper sequence within appropriate time frames. Demonstrates an understanding of patients medical/surgical problems for timely access. Escalates questions/issues in a timely manner by seeking assistance from identified resources in order to facilitate access and patient/provider satisfaction. Demonstrates proactive problem solving skills to provide the best possible patient outcome.
- Enters future appointment requests in the outpatient scheduling system appropriately, making sure to indicate patient preferences or exclusions for dates and/or times. Interacts with the patient when scheduling future appointments to insure patients? satisfaction and accuracy of demographic and insurance information.
- Schedules Hospital Follow-up appointments per policies and procedures to insure timely medical follow-up after hospital discharge.
- Stores physician orders in an organized fashion when necessary.
Logs into appropriate telephone split and utilizes the phone system to increase the patient?s overall level of satisfaction in answering incoming calls in a timely fashion, when applicable.
Registers all new and established outpatients upon arrival, verifying, collecting, and updating required information when needed. Is held accountable for collecting and data entering information with a high degree of accuracy.
- Statuses all appointments at the time of check-in. Confirms that all appointments are statused by the end of the business day to insure that all appointments have appropriate charges posted.
- Successfully navigates the outpatient billing system to determine and enter appropriate accounts for maximum financial reimbursement by 3rd party insurance carriers.
- Collects and processes patient payments and co-payments in accordance with established cash handling procedures and Lahey Clinic Guidelines.
- Administers MSP Survey to all Medicare patients, in accordance with Medicare and Lahey Clinic guidelines.
- Identifies all visits associated with alternate insurance cases (i.e. Motor Vehicle Accident, Workers? Compensation, Self Pay Elective) for more timely and accurate billing.
- When necessary, assists in expediting patients from initial check-in to exam.
Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service stills; responsiveness, empathy and willingness to assess and respond to individual patient needs 100% of the time. Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to work closely with internal customers to maximize patient satisfaction.
- Maintains a professional relationship with the Lahey Clinic Team 100% of the time. Maintains confidentiality of all patients information in accordance with Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School Diploma
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Requires excellent communication skills required to interface with patients and all levels of clinic personnel. Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy. Knowledge of personal computers.In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: One year of customer service experience; six months year personal computer experience.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.
Job Title: Reg & Scheduling Specialist/Full Time/Hamilton, MA
Job ID: 147316
Location: Hamilton Wenham
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans