Vinfen ACCS Certified Nursing Assistant / Home Health Aide (CNA / HHA) in Groveland, Massachusetts
As an ACCS Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA), you will provide direct service and routine, episodic nursing aide care to adults who have both complex medical needs and psychiatric conditions. Working in a small Group Living Environment, you will have a range of duties include administrating medication under the Medication Administration Plan (MAP), implementing treatment plans, and assisting people with activities of daily living, such as household chores and cooking.
The work that you will do in this role goes beyond assisting with medical needs and completing activities of daily living as each interaction with the clients will have an impact on their ability to integrate into their communities and pursue life goals. Examples include strengthening residents' connection to their community, providing transportation on shopping and doctor's appointments, teaching financial skills and working on exercise or health related goals.
This position will allow you to exercise your medical expertise, develop relationships due to low ratios, and most importantly, assist someone living with mental health conditions to overcome the barriers to living independently.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical insurance!
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance (no cost to you!)
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the option to purchase additional, voluntary, Short-Term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week):
- 15 days of Vacation per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 Sick Days per year
- 3 Personal Days per year
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships, access to discounted movie tickets and more!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
- Current Certified Nurse Assistant valid in Massachusetts required.
- A high school diploma or GED required.
- One to two years of job-specific experience in human services preferred
- Experience working with people with psychiatric conditions and/or co-occurring disorders strongly preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid US drivers license for at least one year.
- Must be willing to use a fully insured, personal vehicle during the course of the job
- Must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment
- Must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference and multi-state background and driving record check.
Tue, 3 pm - 11 pm
Wed, 1 pm - 9 pm
Thu, 3 pm - 11 pm
Fri, 3 pm - 11 pm
Sat, 3 pm - 11 pm
POSITION TYPE: Full time - Regular
Pay Rate: $17.65 / hour