Baystate Health Supervisor, Nursing per diem in Greenfield, Massachusetts
Do You Know Who We Are?
We are Baystate Health- one of the largest health care systems in New England with over 11,500 employees, five hospitals and over 60 medical practices! Baystate Health is a not-for-profit, integrated health care system serving over 800,000 people throughout western New England. With roots dating to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing skilled and compassionate health care in the Pioneer Valley for more than 140 years.
Baystate Health is an integrated health care delivery system serving a population of nearly 1 million people in western Massachusetts. Baystate Health has been named a Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Network for ten consecutive years by Verispan, a national research company. For the second time, Baystate Medical Center has been named a Magnet™ hospital for excellence in nursing services and has been recognized as a Top 15 Health System in the US by Truven® Healthcare Analytics.
As a comprehensive health care system, we have been nationally recognized for our quality care and a great place to work. Baystate Medical Center has been designated as a Magnet Hospital for excellence in nursing services by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and was named one of America's Best Hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. We are growing, offering room for a progressive career.
A nursing supervisor at a community hospital is a pivotal role that requires the ability to prioritize, be responsive and be a clinical resource in an environment that can change rapidly. On any shift, your leadership role becomes the standard role model. Are you ready to take on leadership responsibility and need flexibility? Then it's time to do it the Franklin Way. Together we deliver a higher state of caring!
Scope of your work is varied.
- Responsible for the safe and effective management of patient care. The supervisor is responsible for translating the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the hospital and inpatient services.
- Coordinate patient care activities across all units/departments for a designated shift.
- Clinical Practice.
- Staff Development.
- Management of the Environment.
- Staffing Resource Management.
- Professional Development.
- On-going Administrative work.
What you need.
- Massachusetts RN license, CPR and ACLS. Violence Prevention program, training provided.
- Associates or Diploma of nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years of clinical experience as an RN.
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory/ management experience required.
- Consistently positive performance appraisals in key areas: patient/customer service skills; communication, interpersonal relationship building; conflict management.
- Strong clinical performance.
- To be a role model supporting operating principles.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 80696
Location: Greenfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Per Diem