Baystate Health Registered Nurse, Mental Health Unit in Greenfield, Massachusetts
Your work as an MHU Nurse is to:
- Provide basic nursing care to assigned patients in accordance with current BFMC Standards of Care.
- Administer and monitor therapeutic interventions proficiently.
- Demonstrate proficiency in applying the nursing process to assigned patients and families.
- Assume accountability for the outcome of nursing care.
- Collaborate with health team members, patients/families in the provision of care.
- Provide direct supervision to other health team members in the implementation of the patient care plan.
- Effectively delegate care to peers, Mental Health Counselors and other direct care givers consistent with their level of education and expertise.
- Act as an advocate for patients/families/significant others.
- Assume accountability for own professional practice and for aspects of nursing care delegated to others.
- Practice within accepted ethical and legal parameters of nursing.
What you need
- Massachusetts RN license.
- CPR certified.
- Evidence of a commitment to professional growth through participation in continuing education.
- Consistently positive performance appraisals in key areas of function and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle difficult and stressful patient situations.
- Minimum one year nursing experience.
- Associate Degree or Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing. BSN preferred.
- Inpatient Mental Health experience preferred.
This is a per diem position located in Greenfield, MA. Candidate must be able to attend day time orientation in Holyoke and Springfield, MA.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 81485
Location: Greenfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Per Diem