Baystate Health Physical Therapist - Inpatient - Per Diem in Greenfield, Massachusetts
We are looking for a Per Diem Inpatient Physical Therapist to join our Rehabilitation team here at Baystate Franklin Medical Center!
Resume Required with Application
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually.
More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service.
Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Cole Courtemanche, Healthcare Recruiter
Assists patients in reaching maximum physical performance while adjusting to disabilities or recovering from injuries. Treats patients using standard physical therapy procedures. Determines patients' capabilities needs interests and goals and prepares individually tailored programs consistent with the physician's diagnosis. At this level incumbent is expected to function independently.
1) Evaluates all assigned patients, develops plan of treatment, provides assessment and assists in discharge planning as appropriate for each discipline. Evaluates all assigned patients utilizing established department evaluation procedures within 24 hours. Assesses patient needs and discharge plans thru evaluation process. Plans appropriate goals and treatment utilizing results of evaluation and assessment and patient/family goals. Assists patient/family in the acquisition of physician prescribed and other recommended equipment according to established department guidelines. Participates in discharge planning with patient/family and rehab team using professional judgment.
2) Applies treatment plan to patients within established procedures and time frames, as determined by each discipline. Applies treatment consistently with plan. Modifies treatment plan according to patients' abilities. As appropriate, trains patients and family on carryover procedures and use of equipment. Provides safe environment for patient and therapist using universal precautions. Demonstrates empathy in treating patients.
3) Completes necessary documentation to comply with professional standards department procedures for initial consult, progress notes, clinical conference notes, and dictate reports.
Completes necessary documentation to comply with professional standards department procedures for initial consult, progress notes, clinical conference notes, and dictate reports. As appropriate, includes history, test results, clinical observations, diagnosis statement, prognosis, and recommendations. Documents patients progress toward specified RX goals, diagnosis, change in patient status related to goals and recommendations for progress notes and/or discharge report.
4) Provides information and consultation to patients, families, caregivers, and other health care personnel involved with patient management. As indicated, provides and documents patients and families counseling to enhance understanding of disorder(s) and goals of RX. Completes appropriate consultation with MDs during patients' course of RX. Completes consultation with nursing staff ancillary service and/or outside referring agencies as indicated. Demonstrates empathy in managing patient and family consultations.
5) Completes department operational procedures, including scheduling, billing, equipment usage, time-off requests and caseload coverage assignments. Submits patient charges and/or crediting within 24 hours. Demonstrates appropriate usage of all department equipment and issuing of equipment. Adheres to department policy for requesting time off. Provides staff coverage during staff shortage for all assigned patients in an efficient manner.
6) Assist with on-the-job orientation and training for student interns. Assists students in developing in-service. Contributes to the review of and co-signing of all documentation completed by intern. Contributes to intern rating format at midterm and end of internship.
7) Demonstrates relevant knowledge and application of clinical skills in evaluation, treatment and counseling. Attend in-service training, outside seminars and other meetings as directed. Presents in-service training with established guidelines. Establishes and implements 1-2 specific professional development objectives to be reviewed annually.
8) Meets productivity expectations as determined by the supervisor.
9) Demonstrates and models principals of service excellence in support of the patient experience and SPIRIT program.
Required Work Experience:
1) Acute Care Experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Evaluation and treatment of acute care patient
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Physical Therapy (Required)
Physical Therapist - Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ab out Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Baystate Health Jobs