Baystate Health Nurse Educator, Emergency Department in Greenfield, Massachusetts
We are looking for a Nurse Educator to join our Emergency Department team!
Resume required with application
40 hours, day shift
American Heart Association BLS CPR
RN license required
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually
More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service
Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Allison LeDuc, Senior Healthcare Recruiter
The CNC/Educator is the primary educational resource for the staff.
The CNC/Educator Develops, implements and evaluates the orientation of new employees, educational programs, certification programs, and remedial programs as needed to maintain a safe level of care. Coordinates the student nurse clinical experience in the ED. Assures the competence of the nurse preceptors and mentors that are identified to fulfill these roles. Schedules Preceptors and mentors for all new staff and student interns. The CNC/Educator is responsible for maintaining the educational records according to BH policies. The CNC/Educator is a member of the Professional Development Council and the facilitator of the Unit based Clinical Nurse Practice committees. In collaboration with the Nurse Manager, the CNC is responsible for input into the annual performance evaluations of all staff on the unit, as well as day to day coaching, mentoring and role modeling. The CNC/Educator performs QI review, collecting and compilation of data and submitting it to the Nurse Manager/ANM for reporting to the specific PI/QI team and including providing feedback to the staff members, both positive and regarding opportunities . In collaboration with the Nurse Manager the CNC/Educator will review the results of data and identify educational opportunities for staff with the purpose of improving the care of patients leading to improved outcomes.
1) Provides educational support to all clinical staff on the unit.
2) Responsible for maintaining the clinical competencies of the staff through annual validation days, in-services etc.
3) Responsible for participating in development of plans of care and education for clinical staff.
4) Acts as a clinical resource to staff involved in the care of the ED patient.
5) Responsible for organizing and facilitating the orientation of all new clinical staff.
6) Collaborates with Manager/ANM regarding employee performance management.
7) Collects QI data and monitors unit compliance. Educates and collaborates with staff and management regarding unit specific QI as well as organizational QI initiatives and Core measure data, with feedback to the staff.
8) Annually evaluates, refines, updates and revises orientation curriculum to reflect current BFMC nursing practices.
9) Ensures the clinical competence of staff through the direct interaction and observation, ongoing evaluation of patient outcomes and feedback from the clinician and other members of the health care team.
10) Identifies, develops, prioritizes, and oversees the educational needs of nursing and auxiliary staff based on the regulations requirements, new and/or updated policies and procedures, quality initiatives and staff, provider, and nurse manager requests.
11) Identifies and utilizes up to date educational methodologies, i.e. on-line training, based on accepted learning theories for the adult learner in the development and presentation of educational programs.
12) Assures that educational resources on each unit are up-to-date, maintains educational records for staff. Teaches and follows up on mandatory education programs to ensure appropriate completion in all affected departments.
13) Displays appropriate knowledge for the educational material presented, selecting appropriate teaching methods and resources. Is a successful speaker and facilitator presenting material effectively for learning. Employs appropriate evaluation methods using feedback to update and revise educational curriculum.
14) Will help provide management coverage of the Emergency Department in the absence of the Emergency Department Manager in collaboration with the ED Assistant Nurse Manager.
15) Supports and models departmental initiatives to create a unified message from departmental leadership.
16) Is an active member of the departmental leadership team.
17) Performs duties as stroke coordinator.
18) Performs duties as pediatric coordinator
19) Active CPI instructor.
20) Ensures staff on all shifts have access to needed education and support.
Minimally Required Education:
Bachelor's Degree Nursing
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum of 5 years critical care/ED experience
Required within six months of hire:
ACLS Adv Cardiac Life Support
PALS Pedi Adv Life Support
CPI Crisis Prevention Intervention Demonstrated ability to teach individuals and groups
Promotes a safe and healthy work environment
Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with patients and professionals of all disciplines
Demonstrates Baystate Health Operating Principals i.e. trust, respect, integrity, collaboration, and communication
Motivated to facilitate change and be a change agent
Maintains flexibility when managing multiple roles and responsibilities
Serves as a role model for professional practice
Mentors other professionals
RN - MA - Required
TNCC Trauma Nursing Core Course - Preferred
ENPC Emergency Nurse Pedi Com - Preferred
CPR - Required
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Nursing Degree: Nursing (Required)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support - American Heart Association, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation - Other, Emergency Nursing Pediatric Certification (ENA) - Emergency Nurses Association, Registered Nurse - State of Massachusetts, Trauma Nurse Core Course - Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Baystate Health Jobs