Baystate Health Experienced Registered Nurse, Med Surg Tele in Greenfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health, a leading not-for-profit integrated health system, is transforming the delivery of health care to the communities it serves. Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout Western Massachusetts. With about 12,000 employees, a 1,200-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.3 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children’s hospital and three community hospitals. It also includes a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 205,000-member health insurance company.
The mission of Baystate Health is “to improve the health of the people in our communities every day, with quality and compassion.” For over 130 years, Baystate has been a keystone of Western Massachusetts as it has evolved, grown, and emerged as one of the highest quality and most effective health care providers in the nation. Baystate Health was named a top 15 Health System in the country by Thompson Reuters; and is a PRC National Excellence in Healthcare Award Winner. Most recently US News and World Reportranked Baystate Medical Center and Massachusetts General Hospital as the only two hospitals in Massachusetts to achieve top quality ranking for five common procedures and conditions such as total joint replacement and congestive heart failure.
Baystate Health believes that the advancement of knowledge, through education and research, is essential to its mission of improving the health of the communities it serves. Baystate Medical Center has major programs in postgraduate medical education with residencies in Medicine, Surgery, Anesthesiology, Radiology, Pathology, OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Medicine-Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, and Psychiatry; along with 22 fellowship programs.
Baystate Health is a forward-thinking organization. With impressive size, scope, and expertise, Baystate Health is the longtime market leader for health care services in western Massachusetts and is financially solid. However, as in most regions of the country, the healthcare landscape in western Massachusetts has shifted as a result of ever-increasing economic pressures and corresponding provider consolidation. Baystate Health is committed to its position as the key provider of tertiary level medical services to the people of Western Massachusetts. At the same time, Baystate Health has embraced a broader mission of promoting better health for the communities it serves and reducing health disparities. Baystate Health is committed to the provision of high value health care and is transforming how it delivers care and educates the next generation of physicians. One example of this is TechSpring, Baystate Health’s digital health care laboratory in downtown Springfield. Founded in June 2014, TechSpring works with entrepreneurs on ways that health care technology can fade into the background and take up less time.
In June 2015, Baystate Health established a new partnership with the UMass Medical School to develop a new regional clinical campus in Springfield, known as the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate (UMMS-Baystate). UMMS-Baystate is now home to UMMS’ four-year Population-based Urban and Rural Community Health (PURCH) track, which welcomed its inaugural class of 22 medical students in Autumn 2017. Through this innovative program, the three institutions are partnering to strengthen the pipeline of new primary care physicians for the future in Western Massachusetts. These three institutions have also collaborated to create the Institute for Healthcare Delivery & Population Science, to generate and apply new knowledge to transform health care delivery and population health in support of Baystate Health’s strategic goals. The Institute conducts health services research projects in partnership with local, regional, and national stakeholders.
Baystate Franklin Medical Center (BFMC), located in Greenfield, MA, is an 89-bed community hospital that joined Baystate Health in 1986. The hospital boasts a state-of-the-art surgical center and a new endoscopy center that opened in August 2017. BFMC provides high-quality inpatient and outpatient services to communities in Franklin and Hampshire counties, as well as southern Vermont. Specialized programs include wound care and hyperbaric medicine, heart and vascular care, cancer care, family-centered obstetrical care, sports medicine, specialty medical and surgical services, inpatient behavioral medicine, and 24-hour emergency services.
Baystate Franklin is looking for an experienced nurse with a strong Medical/Surgical background to fill this core Nurse position.
What you do as a Med-Surg-Telemetry Nurse?
- Use specialized knowledge and clinical skills to manage actual or potential health problems that affect individuals, their significant other and the community.
- Utilize the nursing process as a framework for nursing practice.
- For the Medical Behavioral patient integrate specialized education and training with Psychiatric and Gerontological Nursing.
- Formulate nursing diagnoses from pertinent assessment data, collaborate/consult with patients, identify expected outcomes and interventions to achieve those outcomes.
- Implement interventions and evaluate the patient’s response.
- Accountable for outcomes of patient care.
- Supervise other health team members in the implementation of the patient care plan.
- Delegate care to peers, Licensed Practical Nurses, Nursing Assistants, Orderlies and other direct care givers consistent with their level of education and expertise.
- Act as advocate for patients/families/significant others.
- Accountable for own professional practice and aspects of nursing care delegated to others.
- Practice within accepted ethical and legal parameters of nursing.
What do you need?
- Licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to practice professional nursing.
- Healthcare Provider CPR certified.
- Commitment to professional growth through participation in continuing education.
- Mandatory unit, Patient Care Division, and hospital wide in-services and requirements.
- Positive performance appraisals in key areas of function and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations.
- An attitude that is non-judgmental, non-discriminatory, sensitive to, and respectful of the clients cultural diversity, age, gender and lifestyle choices.
- Gerontological Nursing Certification an advantage.
- Minimum one year nursing experience.
- Associate Degree or Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, BSN preferred
This is a 32 hours per week, 8 hour shift, 3p-1130p every other weekend and holiday, position located in Greenfield, MA. Candidate must be able to attend day time orientation in Holyoke and Springfield, MA.
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus:
$4,000.00 (½ paid out at 90 days and ½ paid out at one year).
Eligibility: Not currently employed by Baystate or working at Baystate as a contractor or traveler and are an experienced RN (2+years working as an RN).
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 81590
Location: Greenfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Part-Time