Baystate Health Counselor - Mental Health Unit - 32 hours - 7A-330P in Greenfield, Massachusetts
SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE
We are looking for a Counselor to join our team in the Mental Health Unit at Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield, MA!
$4,000 Sign-On Bonus! (Minimum 1yr behavioral health experience) (External applicants only qualify for bonus)
Resume Required with Application
32 hours per week
First shift (7A-330P)
Every other weekend and holiday (additional pay when scheduled on weekend and holiday)
Minimum Qualifications by Position:
Minimum 1-year behavioral health experience
Minimum 2 years behavioral health experience
If no Bachelor's Degree, 6 years of behavioral health experience
Minimum 4 years behavioral health experience
If no Bachelor's Degree, 8 years of behavioral health experience
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually
More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service.
Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
For more information, please visit us online at: www. baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at www. facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Cole Courtemanche, Healthcare Recruiter
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, performs a wide variety of duties involving patient management, therapeutic interaction, and physical care of patients admitted to the Inpatient Psychiatric Unit. The incumbent is expected to adhere to System and department compliance policies and all applicable laws and regulations. This description covers the essential functions of the position. The incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management reserves the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
1) Participates in a Multidisciplinary Team approach to patient care. Is familiar with admission and progress notes of team members to develop a better understanding of patients. Collaborates with the team in evaluating patients, planning therapy, and developing treatment goals. Reports observations of patients’ status to the team and provides input in the preparation and updating of the treatment plans. Assists team members in providing care to patients and follows through with team decisions. Welcomes new staff and assists in orienting them to the department.
2) Provides a safe environment. Conducts daily sharps checks on patients upon arrival and when indicated by the Team. Intervenes appropriately during crises by providing support and patient escorts and authorizes restraint and seclusions. Maintains safety by monitoring groups, time-aways, and restraint and seclusions. Observes potential safety hazards on the unit and report hazards immediately to supervisors. Maintains safety by adhering to behavior management principles including Collaborative Problem-Solving techniques.
3) Documents patient mental status, social behavior, and progress toward identifying goals daily.
Documents the ongoing assessment of patients by completing monitoring and rounds sheets. Documents restraints and seclusions per policies. Documents all necessary information in EMR as dictated by policy and procedure.
4) Provides a therapeutic milieu. Assesses patient mental status social and symptomatic behavior and progress towards identified goals daily. Counsel's patients with empathy and respect to assist them to formulate treatment goals. Refers patients’ physical problems to RN for assessment and intervention. Collaborates with the team to initiate and implement a plan of care to meet the ADL needs of patients who are unable to perform these tasks themselves. Identifies patient knowledge deficits and implements appropriate teaching in collaboration with the team.
Assists in the development and implementation of special approaches and provide 1:1 intervention when indicated. Adheres to defined boundaries and guidelines regarding self-disclosure with patients. Co-facilitates group therapy and demonstrates a willingness to fill in as needed. Develops plans and implements psycho-educational groups and demonstrates a willingness to fill in as needed.
5) Demonstrates accountability for personal and professional growth.
Demonstrates support for the philosophy of the program and adhering to policies, procedures, and standards. Attends all mandatory in-services on an annual basis. Collaborates with supervisors to identify their own professional goals and seeks experience to accomplish these goals. Assists with the identification of program in-service needs.
6) Demonstrates effective use of behavior management principles and Collaborative Problem-Solving techniques. Develops and implements special programming. Assists co-workers in daily activities and replaces them as needed.
7) Demonstrates competency for one-to-one observation of patients based on department and unit-specific needs.
8) Must complete department-specified de-escalation training within 30 days of hire.
Skills and Competencies:
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2) Excellent computer skills.
3) Excellent interpersonal skills.
4) Age Specific Competencies in- service or equivalent training.
5) Behavior Management Training/Collaborative Problem Solving.
6) Restraint and Seclusion in service or equivalent training
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science, High School Diploma (Required)
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation - Other, Certified Crisis Prevention - Crisis Prevention Institute
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ab out Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Baystate Health Jobs