Baystate Health Certified Nursing Assistant in Greenfield, Massachusetts
Performs a variety of clinic tasks and functions. Responsibilities include direct patient care; clinic intake, patient care assistance. Multi-skilled to needs of unit in performing duties relative to smooth operation of clinic and treatment activities. Expected to manage equipment and assist in all procedures on unit.
1) Provides age-appropriate care to patients.Demonstrated knowledge of developmental stages for the following age groups and applies developmental theories and concepts when implementing care for patients.
2) Monitors basic physiological parameters.Takes and records routine vital signs within the specified time frame as indicated by periodic review of time studies. Obtains and documents weights/heights 100% of the time as indicated by quarterly review of records. Consistently reports any significant deviations in vital signs or other patient findings immediately.
3) Administers treatments and procedures in accordance with FMC policy/procedure.Performs all procedures outlined in nursing procedure manual within area of responsibility in accordance with specifications. Assists physicians with exams and simple procedures. Assures identity of patient by checking identification bracelet or questioning patient regarding name and date of birth prior to performing any procedure.
4) Assists patients with elimination of body wastes.Offers assistance to bathroom, or provides bedpan, urinal, commode or emesis basin immediately after patient request as indicated by absence of patient complaints. Accurately labels and sends specimens of urine, feces and sputum within 30 minutes of specified time frame unless discussed with RN as evidenced by random review of reports. Accurately measures and records height, weight and vital signs in accordance with established policy as indicated by random review of intake and output forms.
5) Assists with clerical/support activities related to physician practice and treatment activities .Works with HUC's in assuring proper scheduling of patients for physician visits. Recognizes when referral is needed from third party provider and communicates need to coworkers in a timely manner. Assists clerical staff as available in preparing charts for clinic prior to day of scheduled appointments. Assure patients have been registered and all insurance information is in order prior to processing patient for office visit. Record and file laboratory/radiological testing results and other pertinent information in the patient record in a timely fashion as evidenced by manager's review.
6) Participates in specific patient care procedures upon direction of the Registered Nurse.Communicates with RN staff regarding availability to assist with patient care (ordering lunches, toileting, etc.) during clinic day. Monitors patient's condition during treatment and notifies appropriate personnel of unexpected occurrences. Provides information to RN based upon observation made during patient care. Provides treatment within the specified time frame. Documents consistently treatments and patient care activities.
7) Established and maintain therapeutic and collaborative relationships with members of the health care team.Communicates effectively with team and patients. Interacts with patients in a respectful and informative manner. Clearly communicates information related to patient care to the team. Communicates an attitude of positive customer focused interactions at all times.
8) Is knowledgeable of and initiates emergency procedures.Responds effectively in emergency situations as observed. Maintains patient safety at all times. Communicates effectively with appropriate personnel.
9) Participates in unit and educational progress to develop/refine skills.Attends CNA staff meetings quarterly. Attends Unit staff meetings monthly.
10) Adheres to Franklin Medical Center's Established Work Expectations.
Required Work Experience:
1) Certification as a nursing assistant required
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Prior experience as a nursing assistant preferred
Skills and Compentencies:
1) Consistently positive performance appraisals in key areas of function and interpersonal skills
GED or HiSET (Required)
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association, Certified Nurse Aide - Various
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Baystate Health Jobs