North Shore Community Health Dental Assistant Float, Part - time (Sign On Bonus Eligible) in Gloucester, Massachusetts
Dental Assistant Float, Part - time (Sign On Bonus Eligible)
Gloucester, MA (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Gloucester+MA)
We are passionate about our mission here at North Shore Community Health! Our mission is to build healthy communities by providing exceptional care to all. If you are someone that shares our mission and believes that first impressions are lasting impressions, you are a great candidate for us. We have a part-time openings for Dental Assistants. Under the direction of the Dental Practice Manager and Dental Director, the Dental Assistant Float performs a variety of front desk, sterilization and dental assistant duties as needed; as well as providing coverage for all three dental sites. Schedule and location are subject to change daily based on coverage need. As a team member at our health center, you will work with staff who are racially, ethnically and culturally diverse, so being culturally competent is required. A sense of humor is also very important!
Employees hired into these roles Dental Assistant Float (FT/PT) would receive a sign-on bonus of $1500 for FT employees that will be paid out in two installments. One payment of $500 will be received after 30 days of employment and the balance of $1000 will be paid after 90 days of employment. Part-time bonuses will be prorated.
• Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
• Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
• Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
• Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
• Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments.
• Provides diagnostic information by exposing radiographs; pouring, trimming study casts.
• Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
• Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
• Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
• Complies with all infection control procedures and OSHA regulations to maintain a safe and clean working environment, by decontaminating treatment rooms and sterilizing all instruments after each patient.
• In collaboration with the Dental team, maintains operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• In collaboration with the Dental Practice Manager, maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level and anticipating needed supplies.
• In collaboration with the Dental Practice Manager, monitors incoming and outgoing lab cases.
• Schedule accurate dental appointments.
• Provides exemplary customer service; treats patients and coworkers with courtesy and discretion. Greets and directs patients and visitors.
• Registers patients in Dentrix and Centricity, verifying that patient's record is up to date and accurate and makes appropriate insurance & patient personal data (address & phone number) changes.
• Relays patient’s complaints (billing, clinical or otherwise) to Dental Manager.
• Collects payment from patients, applies payments and adjustments to patient accounts in the computer system and provide receipts.
• May have to travel to the three sites.
• Other duties as assigned
North Shore Community Health (NSCH) offers comprehensive primary care, dental services, behavioral health care, care management, pharmacy, medication-assisted treatment and enrollment services. In 2019, NSCH provided services to 13,272 patients through 63170 visits. NSCH has 10 services sites: Salem Family Health Center, the largest and highest volume site, the school-based health centers at Salem High School and Peabody Veterans Memorial High School, Gloucester Family Health Center, Peabody Family Health Center, and behavioral health services only at the Bentley Academy, Collins Middle School, Nathaniel Hawthorne School, Bates Elementary School, and the Peabody Learning Academy. NSCH offers competitive benefit plans. NSCH is an equal opportunity employer. Visit www.NSCHI.org for more information.
Workplace Anti-Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The policy of NSCH is to provide equal employment opportunities by recruiting, hiring, training and promoting applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, disability, handicap, military obligations, veteran status or any other category protected by law (“protected class status”). We affirm that the above policy reflects NSCH's attitude and its intention to do the following:
• Recruit, hire and promote for all job classifications without regard to protected class status;
• Base decisions on employment so as to further the principles of equal employment opportunity;
• Make promotion decisions are in accord with principals of equal employment opportunity;
• Administer personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, determinations and Center-sponsored training without regard to protected class status;
• Make equal employment opportunities available to qualified disabled or handicapped persons;
• Provide equal employment opportunities to those who are Veterans.
· A minimum of a High School Diploma/GED.
· Dental Assistant and Radiology Certificate required.
· One year of experience as a dental assistant.
· Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus.
· Reliable Transportation to travel to Peabody, Salem and Gloucester as needed.
· Good working knowledge of dental equipment and terminology, OSHA and safety compliance.
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced dental environment.
· Superior customer service skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Detail oriented, organized, professional and ability to multi task.
· Good working knowledge of Dentrix and Centricity.
· Maintains strict adherence to the NSCH Confidentiality policy.
· Ability to be courteous, efficient, effective, and patient in a fast-paced environment.
· Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
·Effective November 1, 2021, North Shore Community Health (NSCH) requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as a condition of employment, unless a valid religious or medical exception is granted. All prospective employees will be required to be fully vaccinated before the first day of employment.As of 9/1/2021 fully vaccinated means two doses of Pfizer or Moderna, or 1 dose of Johnson and Johnson, at least 14 days prior to your start date, or in the event of an immunocompromised person, three doses of Pfizer or Moderna 14 days prior to start date.Proof of vaccination record must be provided with pre-hire paperwork. To request an accommodation from the vaccine requirement, please contact the Human Resources Department.