Heywood Hospital Staffing Clerk, Nursing Administration in Gardner, Massachusetts
Works under the direction of the Staffing Coordinator, performing such duties as payroll, schedule maintenance, generating position control and staffing effectiveness reports, daily activity and staffing reports, and other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma
- Previous staffing experience required.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and DOS based systems.
- Experience in developing computerized systems in tracking and documentation.
Physical Requirements:Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or working with hands).
Behavioral Attributes:The following behavioral attributes are required: achievement motivation, concern for order, flexibility, initiative, self-confidence, customer service oriented, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork, analytical thinking and information seeking.
- Assists nurse managers and coordinators in providing nursing coverage which best utilizes available resources by comparing scheduled with actual staffing, balancing skill levels with unit needs and comparing scheduling float staff versus using on-call staff.
- Facilitate coverage requests by providing off shift staffing and on-call ancillary rosters for coordinators and the on-call administrator.
- Monitors staffing problems, absenteeism and hours worked by on-call staff and notifies unit managers and other personnel appropriately.
- Relays messages and sick calls, and recommends scheduling changes accordingly.
- Coordinates, with nurse managers, the daily staffing needs of the units based on patient acuity and census.
- Coordinates and schedules floats, per diem staff within budgetary/staffing guidelines.
- Adheres to the guidelines of the current labor contracts as well as Hospital policies when facilitating the coordination of schedules.
- Prepares and maintains daily staffing sheets.
- Prepares weekly payroll for specific nursing service areas.
- Maintain various reports, data and statistics.
- Daily updating of Kronos Payroll System by gathering and entering edit logs daily.
- Daily rounds to specific nursing units to maintain updated schedules and daily staffing sheets in the staffing office.
- Provides coverage in the absence of the Staffing Coordinator.
- Provides assistance to the Staffing Coordinator to ensure adequate daily staffing for all units.
Statement of Other Duties:**The following behavioral attributes are required: achievement motivation, concern for order, flexibility, initiative, self-confidence, customer service oriented, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork, analytical thinking and information seeking.
Facility: Heywood Hospital
Department: HH. NURSING ADMIN.-,6490
Regular or Temporary Position: Regular
Position Control #: 6490835110102
Position Hours: 16 hrs
Weekend Frequency: Every other weekend
Holiday Rotation: Every other holiday
Job Title: Staffing Clerk, Nursing Administration
Location: Gardner, Massachusetts
Posted Date: 12/04/2019