Heywood Hospital Radiology Technologist, X-Ray in Gardner, Massachusetts
Candidate will conduct interactions with everyone in a friendly courteous and respectful manner. Assures that all radiographs are of optimum quality. Follows pre-determined image criteria to assess radiographs to ensure all patients are well positioned and all anatomical information is on each view as ordered. Operates x-ray equipment for pre-determined equipment techniques to ensure proper radiograph including: all general diagnostic, fluoroscopic, portable and surgical equipment. Accurately enters orders into the Meditech computer system. Adheres to ALARA principles for Radiation Protection.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology Technology or equivalent experience
- Registered by the ARRT
Minimum Work Experience
- Previous experience performing Radiology procedures or equivalent experience as determined by the department manager
- Radiologic Technologists and Technicians, MA Licensed in Radiologic Technology
- CPR Certification
- Quality conscious, Interpersonal skill, flexible in achieving multiple tasks
- Dependable, organized, independent judgment, high technical skill.
Exerts 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or working with hands). Occasionally stoop (bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist), crouches (bending the body downward and forward by bending legs and spine), and feels (perceiving attributes of items as size, shape, temperature, or texture by means of the fingertips).
The following behavioral attribute are required: achievement motivation, concern for order, flexibility, initiative, self confidence, self-control, customer service orientation, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork and information seeking.
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Assures that all radiographs are of optimum quality so that film repeat analysis is less than five percent.
- Follows pre-determined image criteria to assess radiographs to ensure all patients are well positioned and all anatomical information is on each view.
- Assures that all radiographs include markers, demographic information, and proper film density and contrast
- Operates all diagnostic equipment to ensure proper image quality.
- Operates x-ray equipment for pre-determined equipment techniques to ensure proper radiograph, including all general diagnostic, fluoroscopic, portable and surgical equipment.
- Assesses patients to ensure optimum exposure techniques. For women of childbearing age (specify ages suggest 13 – 55) appropriate precautions are taken to determine if the patient may be pregnant. For pregnant women, extra precautions are taken to minimize exposure to radioactive sonics and/or potentially harmful radiation.
- Assesses body part to be radiographed and determines appropriate technique to ensure appropriate radiation exposure and a quality radiograph.
- Utilizes collimation, safety measures and protective devices.
- Reviews orders for accuracy prior to start of examination to ensure that the appropriate exam is completed.
- Reviews physician orders to determine that the correct examination has been ordered based on the clinical history provided.
- Documents on the requisition that they have reviewed the order and initial they have completed the examination
- Completes patient orders and charges, ensures exams are scheduled, ensures film accuracy and patient information so that proper records can be maintained.
- Accurately enters orders and charging procedures into the Meditech Computer System.
- Operates the hospital computer system for scheduling of exams, film releases, film tracking, and entering of patient information into the Meditech Computer System.
- Coordinates work flow in MAB Radiology and performs all diagnostic image procedures in remote radiology setting.
- Operates hospital computerized scheduling module to ensure scheduling accuracy.
- Operates hospital computer film release system to ensure accuracy for film library staff.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients by assuring that sharp objects, toxic substances and other objects potentially harmful to children are not accessible.
- Assures that the environment of care or services is free of objects which may contribute to the likelihood of patient falls, slips or trips. Makes readily available assistive devices for ambulation. Complies with policies and procedures relating to gait belts and similar devices.
- Is aware of the increased risk of falls, slips, and trips for elderly patients and visitors, and assures that the environment of care or services is free of objects and spills which may contribute to the likelihood of patient falls, slips, or trips.
- Is sensitive to the tendency of older patients to have hearing difficulties. Verifies that he or she is speaking with appropriate level of loudness so that the patient hears instructions, questions, and conversations with caregiver, but that offense is not given to the patient as the result of the voice being excessively loud. Is able to differentiate problems with hearing versus problems with comprehension.
- Correctly interprets verbal and nonverbal response pain management treatments. Takes appropriate action to minimize the patient’s level of pain by utilizing various pain management techniques and methods.
- Takes appropriate actions to assure physical security of children and complies with policies and procedures related to the prevention of neonate, infant and child abduction.
- Is aware of reduced endurance and strength present in many elderly, and provides accommodation for seating during extended interviews, discussions with secretaries, receptionists and other clerical personnel, or when the patient is waiting for transportation.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
Facility: Heywood Hospital
Department: HH. X-RAY,6610
Regular or Temporary Position: Regular
Position Control #: 661020110601
Position Hours: Per Diem
Shift: All Shifts
Weekend Frequency: optional
Holiday Rotation: optional
Job Title: Radiology Technologist, X-Ray
Location: Gardner, Massachusetts
Posted Date: 12/04/2019