Heywood Hospital Practice Manager, Heywood Medical Group in Gardner, Massachusetts
Under the direction of the Heywood Medical Group Senior Practice Administrator, incumbent is responsible for direct supervision of office staff, scheduling and coordinating of all office activities. Must learn and implement new standards and processes and participate in and direct customer service and patient satisfaction initiatives. There is also emphasis on the development and maintenance of electronic medical records (EMR) and oversight of regulatory compliance. See full description below
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree preferred
Minimum Work Experience
- Three or more years of management experience with physician practice, or equivalent education and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks in a busy environment required
- Strong interpersonal skills, tact, professional appearance, ability to make decisions and supervise others
- Proficiency with computers and electronic medical records systems is required
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, some evenings & weekends may be required
- Reliable transportation in order to travel between locations is also required
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or working with hands).
The following behavioral attributes are required: achievement motivation, concern for order, flexibility, initiative, self-confidence, customer service oriented, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork, analytical thinking and information seeking.
- Conducts interactions with everyone in a friendly, courteous and respectful manner.
- Goes out of his/her way to offer assistance to others. If he/she cannot offer assistance, then finds someone who can.
- Advocates to ensure privacy and confidentiality while helping others to maintain awareness.
- Maintains a clean and safe practice and hospital.
- Responds appropriately and immediately in emergency situations.
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment for patients, visitors, and/or staff to provide the highest level of physical comfort, and minimize risk and injury.
- Ensures compliance with regulations to maintain accreditation and licensure.
- Complies with the Heywood Healthcare Attendance and Tardiness Policy.
- Completed all Heywood Healthcare and Department Specific Mandatory requirements in the prior calendar year.
- Reports Incidents in a timely and effective manner.
- All employees with direct patient contact are responsible for actively engaging in the practice of, monitoring and enforcing compliance to hand hygiene.
- Supervise all medical office support staff and operations in practice location including but not limited to oversight of payroll, billing, coding, collections, scheduling of appointments, medical record privacy compliance and maintenance, deposits, reconciliation of account information
- Coordinate recruitment, on-boarding and overall training of staff
- Oversee the compliance to office policies and procedures, as well as regulatory compliance
- Evaluates workflows and develops efficiencies.
- Help establish protocols and ensure completion of Meaningful Use and
- Quality measures
- Coordinate ordering of medical and office supplies and maintain appropriate inventory. Coordinating payments of medical and office supply invoices.
- Ensure medical equipment is inspected and serviced regularly and clinical safety procedures are followed.
- Oversee the disposal of bio-hazardous waste, storage of medications, and take steps for reporting suspected abuse to authorities.
- Works with Sr. Practice Administrator to develop budgeting for projected revenue and expenses.
- Communicates with and among physicians and office staff in the operations of their practice including but not limited to financials, performance and patient satisfaction.
- Coordinate monthly staff meetings including staff education and team building.
- Oversee Athena scheduling templates. Monitors practice buckets and workflow dashboard
- Creates practice specific Athena Reports.
- Responsible for direct supervision of office staff, scheduling and coordinating all office activities.
- Respects diverse views and approaches, and contributes in maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptancetoward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Completes 90 day and annual competencies and reviews for all staff.
- Other duties and locations as assigned.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
Facility: Heywood Medical Group
Department: HMG ADMINISTRATIVE,27900
Regular or Temporary Position: Regular
Position Control #: 7900XXXX0101
Position Hours: 40
Job Title: Practice Manager, Heywood Medical Group
Location: Gardner, Massachusetts
Posted Date: 11/18/2020