Heywood Hospital Pharmacy Application Analyst, Information Svcs, 40 Hours, Day Shift in Gardner, Massachusetts
The Clinical Pharmacy Applications Analyst maintains clinical application systems for pharmaceutical services utilized by the staff and associates of Heywood Hospital. Services include, but are not limited to; evaluation, design, implementation, maintenance, training and troubleshooting of computerized pharmacy information, as well serving as liaison between IS and Pharmacy. The Clinical Pharmacy Applications Analyst needs to be knowledgeable in various aspects of Information Systems terminology, processing, and information delivery solutions. In addition, the Clinical Pharmacy Applications Analyst needs to be able to set priorities and work independently. The Clinical Pharmacy Applications Analyst needs to be health care orientated to provide assistance in developing clinical applications, and remain knowledgeable to current developments and issues in the practice of Pharmacy.
- PharmD degree or equivalent clinical degree
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum two years experience in a Pharmacy with increased information technology responsibilities.
- Exemplary analytical and problem solving skills.
- Previous experience with Meditech is preferred.
Physical Requirements:Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or working with hands).
Behavioral Attributes:The following behavioral attributes are required: achievement motivation, concern for order, flexibility, initiative, self-confidence, customer service oriented, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork, analytical thinking and information seeking.
- Utilizing knowledge and skills of clinical practice, act as a consultant to end users, assisting in the design, development and enhancement of clinical systems.
- Provide daily support and education for clinical information systems, including after hours support, as needed.
- Participate in the development of training programs that promote clinicians’ proficiency with clinical information systems.
- Participate in the configuration and maintenance of clinical information systems used by physicians and nurses in the provision of patient care.
- Provide support for all clinical information system upgrades and implementations including the creation of test plans and the coordination of the testing process for clinical areas.
- Provide quality customer service, serving as an exemplary representative of the organization’s mission, vision and values.
- Responsible for the dictionary building and maintenance of MEDITECH as assigned by the Applications Manager.
- Track, organize and prioritize open tasks for MEDITECH identified during system upgrades or requiring day-to-day intervention for optimal system performance and ease of use.
- Provide support for upgrades to medication formularies and databases.
- Participate in post implementation change evaluation and supports users in maintaining changed work-flow and technological processes.
- Actively identifies and participates in process improvement opportunities across the organization.
Statement of Other Duties:This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
Facility: Heywood Hospital
Department: HH. INFORM. SERV.-,2000.67000
Regular or Temporary Position: Regular
Position Control #: 2000.67000.8090
Position Hours: 40
Job Title: Pharmacy Application Analyst, Information Svcs, 40 Hours, Day Shift
Location: Gardner, Massachusetts
Posted Date: 04/07/2021