Heywood Hospital Nurse Aide/Certified Nurse Aide, Watkins 2, 24 Hours, Evening Shift in Gardner, Massachusetts
The C.N.A. acts as a vital member of the patient care delivery team, performing delegated nursing duties, environmental service duties and food service duties to enhance the satisfaction level of the hospitalized patient.
- High School Diploma preferred
- AHA CPR certification required
Minimum Work Experience
- 1 year experience working in a long term care facility.
- Med/Surg experience preferred.
Minimum Licenses and Certifications
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification required -OR-
- A minimum of 75 hours in an accredited nursing program to include completion of first rotation -OR-
- Active EMT or Paramedic Certification -OR-
- Active Patient Care Technician/Assistant Certification -OR-
- Active Home Health Aide Certification
Exerts 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Frequently kneels (bending the legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees), reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and feels (perceiving attributes of items as size, shape, temperature, or texture by means of fingertips). Occasionally crouches (bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine), and stoops (bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist).
The following behavioral attributes are required: achievement motivation, concern for order, flexibility, initiative, self-confidence, customer service oriented, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork, analytical thinking and information seeking.
- Provides patient care based on standards of care, standards of practice, protocols, and established policies and procedures under direction of a licensed nurse.
- Collects basic health data as directed by a licensed nurse.
- Assists patients with activities of daily care (e.g. personal hygiene, toileting, nutrition, ambulation, etc).
- Appropriately prioritizes patient care (e.g. seeks assistance as needed from appropriate resources, recognizes need for emergency intervention, etc.)
- Respects each patient as an individual; provides care that fosters the patient’s sense of dignity and positive self-regard.
- Provides thorough, timely, and accurate documentation of all pertinent patient according to established standards.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment (identifies and/or removes safety hazards).
- Provides timely and thorough information on assigned patients to supervising licensed nurse and other health care team members.
- Participates in learning for colleagues and self (attends educational programs, in-services, assist with orientation of new staff).
- Proactively identifies risk to patient safety and identifies opportunities to reduce medical/health care errors (i.e. appropriate reporting of errors/incidents).
- Assists patients with activities of daily living, including bathing, shampooing, shaving, brushing teeth, etc.
- Obtains heights and weights of assigned patients per care plan.
- Assists patients with ambulation using appropriate technique (i.e. gait belt).
- Assists patients with turning in bed and transferring from bed to stretcher or chair using appropriate technique (i.e. transfer mattress).
- Provides incontinent care to patients.
- Assists patients with eating and drinking per care plan.
- Maintains and documents fluid intake, output measurements and vital signs on patients per care plan.
- Assists with obtaining late trays as needed.
- Maintains infection control precautions per Infection Control Policy.
- Cleans the food refrigerators on a weekly basis.
- Maintains unit food inventory on a daily basis.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
Facility: Heywood Hospital
Department: HH. WATKINS 2,2000.45010
Regular or Temporary Position: Regular
Position Control #: 2000.45010.5005
Position Hours: 24
Weekend Frequency: Every Other
Holiday Rotation: Every Other
Job Title: Nurse Aide/Certified Nurse Aide, Watkins 2, 24 Hours, Evening Shift
Location: Gardner, Massachusetts
Posted Date: 04/09/2021