Heywood Hospital Manager of Diagnostic Imaging Services, Radiology in Gardner, Massachusetts
B.S. Degree required
Massachusetts License in Radiology Technology Graduate of Accredited School of Radiology with (ARRT)
Minimum Work Experience
Minimum of five (5) years demonstrated administrative/supervisory experience.
Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Time management skills are critical as well as employee engagement.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or working with hands).
Conducts interactions with everyone in a friendly, courteous and respectful manner.
Goes out of his/her way to offer assistance to others. If he/she cannot offer assistance, then finds someone who can.
Advocates to ensure privacy and confidentiality while helping others to maintain awareness.
Maintains a clean and safe hospital.
Maintains a clean and safe hospital.
Responds appropriately and immediately in emergency situations.
Maintains a safe and healthy environment for patients, visitors, and/or staff to provide the highest level of physical comfort, and minimize risk and injury.
Ensures compliance with regulations to maintain accreditation and licensure.
Complies with the Hospital Attendance and Tardiness Policy.
Completed all Hospital and Department Specific Mandatory requirements in the prior calendar year.
Reports Incidents in a timely and effective manner.
All employees with direct patient contact are responsible for actively engaging in the practice of, monitoring and enforcing compliance to hand hygiene.
- Provides coaching and education for staff so that they can meet/exceed performance expectations.
- Designs and implements individual and group plans which develop and motivate employees.
- Ensures that employee skills match job requirements.Completes and administers all employee performance evaluations by evaluation due dates.
- Oversees daily operations to meet vision of providing service to the community.
- Improves patient and/or customer satisfaction.
- Responds to customer requests and concerns in a timely and effective manner.
- Meets/exceeds customer expectations so that the customers select and recommend Heywood Hospital as their primary source of healthcare.
- Utilizes customer satisfaction data to develop and anticipate customer service systems.
- Staffing patterns and work flow design match customer requirements.
- Manages resources to ensure adequate resources and future growth.
- Justifies budget variances.
- Reduces costs and/or increases revenues.
- Collaborates/coordinates projects/activities with other departments, teams, and task forces to build a team approach to healthcare delivery.
- Participates on task forces, PI teams, committees, etc.
- Leads task forces, PI teams, committees, etc.
- Maintains, and trouble shoots Radiology systems including Brit and Powerscribe to assure technologically current processes for the department.
- Assures department personnel receive appropriate education and training in regards to the RIS, or other clinical information systems either directly or through delegation.
- Receives and maintains accreditation and certification in specialties.Mammography FDA, MDPH, ACR.CT ACR Accreditation Ultrasound ACR Accreditation
- Ensures all staff CEU’s, licenses and CPR are up to date.
- Ensures all polices meet current standards of DPH and JCAHO and are reviewed yearly.
- Enhances Diagnostic Imaging Services.Evaluates, recommends, develops and implements new Diagnostic Imaging services to meet the needs of the patients and medical staff.
- Development of diagnostic services is consistent with the hospital’s strategic goals.
- Develops a Customer Service Programs to Enhance Patient, Employee, and Medical Staff satisfaction.
- As part of employee development creates essential customer service orientation among employees.
- Particular attention is paid to patient satisfaction with aspects of quality and safety paramount.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to improve patient satisfaction.
- Assures appropriate management of imaging and records.
- Provides medical staff with timely and easy access to diagnostic information for inpatients and outpatients and assure timely reports to physician offices.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
Job Title: Manager of Diagnostic Imaging Services, Radiology
Location: Gardner, Massachusetts
Posted Date: 01/14/2019