Heywood Hospital Echocardiogram Tech, Cardiology in Gardner, Massachusetts
Under the direction of the Lead Echo Tech, incumbent is responsible for assisting with patient care and medical office clinical support. Clinical duties include: Recording patient health information, vitals, rooming patients, Echocardiograms including Stress Echocardiograms, TEE, and Electrocardiograms.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Credentialed by the ARDMS as a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or eligible
- Current certification in BLS
- Good computer, verbal and written skills.
Minimum Work Experience
- Formal training from an accredited medical sonography program specializing in cardiac sonography
No limitations in pushing equipment.Exerts 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or working with hands). Occasionally stoop (bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist), crouches (bending the body downward and forward by bending legs and spine).
The following behavioral attributes are required: achievement motivation, concern for order, flexibility, initiative, self-confidence, customer service oriented, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork, analytical thinking and information seeking.
- Conducts interactions with everyone in a friendly, courteous and respectful manner.
- Goes out of his/her way to offer assistance to others. If he/she cannot offer assistance, then finds someone who can.
- Advocates to ensure privacy and confidentiality while helping others to maintain awareness.
- Maintains a clean and safe hospital.
- Responds appropriately and immediately in emergency situations.
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment for patients, visitors, and/or staff to provide the highest level of physical comfort, and minimize risk and injury.
- Ensures compliance with regulations to maintain accreditation and licensure.
- Complies with the Hospital Attendance and Tardiness Policy
- Completed all Hospital and Department Specific Mandatory requirements in the prior calendar year.
- Reports Incidents in a timely and effective manner.
- All employees with direct patient contact are responsible for actively engaging in the practice of, monitoring and enforcing compliance to hand hygiene
- Introduces self and identifies patient using 2 forms of ID. Explains testing procedure.
- Reviews the medical history and directs the exam based on that information.
- Performs cardiac diagnostic imaging procedures to study the anatomy and hemodynamics of the heart, including two dimensional (2D) and doppler modalities.
- Performs online calculations in order to quantify cardiac parameters of function and hemodynamics.
- Is knowledgeable regarding the anatomy, hemodynamics and physiology associated with both the healthy and diseased heart.
- Is knowledgeable regarding cardiac arrhythmias and cardiac medications.
- Reports abnormal findings to Cardiologists. Takes steps to safeguard patients when abnormal results are identified.
- Reviews results of testing with Cardiologists. Discusses cases and techniques used to obtain optimal images.
- Assists Cardiologists during transesophageal echocardiograms.
- Prioritizes requests based on the nature of request and the condition and/or situation of the patients.
- Coordinates and communicates with other healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive patient service and care.
- Works together to complete assignments with departmental and healthcare team members.
- When appropriate, delegates to other healthcare professionals.
- Is able to cover some of the lead echo technician’s responsibilities in his/her absence.
- Works with other echo technicians and EKG technicians to assist them with work flow.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently.
- Ensures reports are directed to appropriate Cardiologists for interpretation.
- Monitors report turnaround times for Cardiologists.
- Is familiar with JCAHO guidelines.
- Is familiar with echo PACS system. Contacts technical support when necessary to troubleshoot problems.
- Is able to operate stress testing equipment when necessary.
- Performs 12 lead electrocardiograms when necessary.
- Recognizes and reports malfunctioning equipment to Clinical Engineering.
- Is responsible for cleaning and disinfections of equipment including probes.
- Orders supplies when needed and when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
Facility: Heywood Hospital
Department: HH. CARDIOLOGY -,6720
Regular or Temporary Position: Regular
Position Control #: 672026510601
Position Hours: per diem
Job Title: Echocardiogram Tech, Cardiology
Location: Gardner, Massachusetts
Posted Date: 01/10/2019