Heywood Hospital Behavioral Health Clinician in Gardner, Massachusetts
- B.A. or B.S. in psychology or human services related field required
- Master's Degree in Social work, Counseling or related field preferred
- AHA BLS required, can be attained within 90 days of hire
- LICSW, LMFT or LMHC preferred
- LADC required
- AHA CPR required or obtained within 90 days
Minimum Work Experience
- At least one year clinical experience in the field of human services
- Minimum of 1 years experience with adult psychiatric population is required
- Good interpersonal skills required
- Must be quality conscious, dependable, flexible in meeting multiple tasks and requirements
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or working with hands). Occasionally stoops (bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist).
The following behavioral attributes are required: achievement motivation, concern for order, flexibility, initiative, self-confidence, customer service oriented, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork, analytical thinking and information seeking.
- Systematically gathers and evaluates relevant information and data from the patient interview and/or from patient information sources.
- Plans for and provides patient teachings.
- Identifies situations when it is appropriate to involve the family and/or significant other and/or friends in patient's education.
- Prioritizes situations based on the nature of request and the condition and/or situation of the patients.
- Assesses and reassesses the patient's condition.
- Coordinates and communicates with other healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive patient service and care.
- When appropriate, delegates to other healthcare professionals.
- Works together to complete assignments with departmental and healthcare team members.
- Supports comprehensive case management to assure patient success and meet standards of care and standards of practice.
- Collects patient information from all available resources to formulate a comprehensive database and initial treatment plan.
- Coordinates care with the patient care provider, outpatient providers, and other services.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary team in treatment planning to assure care delivered is matched to identified patient needs.
- Responds to all assigned case management within Heywood Medical Group for the provision of differential diagnostics, treatment planning and disposition.
- Provides individual and group therapies according to Behavioral Health standards to meet identified patient needs.
- Documents the interventions provided and responses of each patient according to established policies and procedures.
- Seeks professional growth experiences to gain knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as share what is learned with other team members.
- Attends weekly huddle with supervising physician.
Statement of Other Duties:
This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described
Facility: Heywood Medical Group
Department: HMG PSYCHIATRY,27850
Regular or Temporary Position: Regular
Position Control #: 7470XXXX0402
Position Hours: 40
Job Title: Behavioral Health Clinician
Location: Gardner, Massachusetts
Posted Date: 11/05/2020