Tenet Healthcare Transporter Rotating Per Diem in Framingham, Massachusetts
Transporter Rotating Per Diem - 2105041728
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for the transportation of patients to various departments and nursing units in a safe and efficient manner.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Transports patients via wheelchair, stretcher or bed to various areas of the hospital.
• Responds to all requests from customers with a can do attitude. Follows up on requests with a sense of urgency.
• Is knowledgeable of and utilizes proper body mechanics to transfer patients into and out of beds, carts or wheelchairs.
• Assists, lifts and positions patients as needed.
• Communicates with the dispatch desk providing proper and necessary information to facilitate transports.
• Insures that nursing personnel are notified when a patient is leaving and returns to the patient care unit. Also notifies appropriate personnel in ancillary departments when patients arrive or leave the department.
• Completes all patient transport records and logs at nursing units and ancillary departments providing accurate information.
• Responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of all transport equipment.
• Responsible for the cleaning in conjunction to EVS request
• Treats all patient information as confidential and follows the facility HIPAA policy.
• Follows the patient transporter scripting when interacting with patients.
• Attends all required in-service training sessions designated by the facility and or department.
• Understands and exemplifies the philosophies and values of ABM Healthcare Support services.
• Possesses excellent communications and interpersonal skills treating others with respect.
• Able to handle various work loads and meet changing priorities as necessary.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Education: Must have a high school diploma.
• Experience: Experience in a healthcare environment is preferred.
Job : Maintenance, Food Service,Housekeeping and Security
Primary Location : MA-Framingham
Hospital/Facility : MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: : PT2Y
Shift Type: : Rotate
Req ID: 2105041728