Tenet Healthcare Surgical Tech. 40hrs. Days call. $5K Sign-On Bonus! in Framingham, Massachusetts
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 America’s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the V. P. of Perioperative Service and OR Clinical Coordinator, and under the direction of the OR RN and according to established policies, procedures, and OR standards facilitates safe and effective surgical, invasive and diagnostic procedures. Ensures patient safety by providing the surgeon adequate supplies, functioning equipment, and instruments. The surgical technologist possesses an expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique, human anatomy, surgical procedures, implementation tools, and technologies to facilitate a surgeon’s performance of invasive, therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. Practice is in compliance with all regulatory agencies including: The Joint Commission, Department of Public Health, CMS, CDC, and OSHA.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides competency based patient and family centered care to patients of all ages undergoing elective and emergency surgical, invasive and diagnostic procedures
• Minimizes delays for the surgeon, patient and family by ensuring supplies, instruments and equipment are available and participates in all other activities to ensure that all “Room” preparations have been completed.
• In conjunction with the Service Leader and Educator for Perioperative Service Serves as a resource to other scrub personnel, including but not limited to OR and Perinatal RNs, Surgical Technologists, and students
• Communicates physician’s requests for any changes in supplies, instruments, and equipment to the Specialty Service Leader
• Competent to scrubs all elective and emergency surgical procedures performed at MWMC
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of AORN Standards and Recommended Practices
• Actively participates in unit based staff meetings and educational programs. Responsible to seek out information when unable to attend meetings or programs
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge in clinical advances in the equipment and supplies used
• Participates in the development and revision of policies and procedures
Quality and Safety
• Complies with unit or hospital based Quality Improvement and safety programs
• Complies with regulations including but not limited to: The Joint Commission, CDC, CMS, and DPH
• Identifies and participates in resolution of problems
• Monitors the condition of instruments and equipment
• Immediately removes defective equipment, instruments and supplies from service and notifies the Specialty Service Leader
• Minimizes wastage of supplies be referring to the surgeon’s preference card when preparing for the case
• Informs Specialty Service Leader when items need to be added or deleted to the preference card
• Minimizes the expenses required for repair or replacement by caring for the instruments and equipment from the
time of set-up through to the time of transfer to SPD
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Equivalent to high school diploma
• Graduate for an accredited program of surgical technology
• AST certification required
• Ability to arrive to the hospital within 30 minutes from the time called when on-call
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Organization: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Title: Surgical Tech. 40hrs. Days call. $5K Sign-On Bonus!
Requisition ID: 2005033015