Tenet Healthcare RN Emergency Department 36 hrs. Mid-Shift $10K Sign On in Framingham, Massachusetts
RN Emergency Department 36 hrs. Mid-Shift $10K Sign On - 2105037320
Up to $10K Sign-on Bonus
Brings with it a 1 to 2 year employment commitment.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the unit's nursing management, performs duties to ensure quality patient care through the health care continuum. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients in the following age groups: All ages; Neonate; Infancy; Toddler, Preschool; School age; Adolescent; Adult; Geriatric.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. CLINICAL PRACTICE: Performs all aspects of clinical practice according to standards of care, including, but not limited to: assessment, planning, implementing, evaluation, intervention, organization of work, priority setting, decision making, follow up, activities of daily living, IV Therapy, EKG's. Demonstrates clinical judgment in assigning duties to nursing staff consistent with documented level of competency. Participates in unit based quality control initiatives, identifies opportunities for performance improvement, and takes appropriate action.
2. LEADERSHIP: Delegates tasks to subordinates to ensure efficient and effective work flow. Provides input into hiring and evaluations and participates in the interviewing process. Resolves conflicts. Assures current and quality nursing practice is maintained through participating in and keeping informed of unit/Hospital committees, staff meetings, and other related activities. Collaborates with members of interdisciplinary team to facilitate accomplishment of unit objectives in the provision of quality care and service to patients, families, physicians, and payers. Demonstrates initiative and good judgment in making decisions. Takes responsibility for patient care assignments.* Maintains currency with nursing skills and knowledge base.
3. RESOURCE UTILIZATION: Selects and utilizes appropriate teaching tools and/or makes requests for new tools. Collaborates effectively with the multidisciplinary team; i.e., physicians, diabetic educator, pastoral care, interpreters, social workers, case managers, wound care nurses, and community resource groups and services, to benefit the patient. Utilizes appropriate unit-based resource nurses for assistance as appropriate.
4. DOCUMENTATION: Completes documentation using approved MWMC forms according to established legal and MWMC policy and procedure. Includes, but is not limited to, SNAP tool, patient teaching forms, PIE notes, CBE notations, and incident forms. Transcribes and inputs physician orders accurately and in a timely manner, using the nurse order entry system.
5. COMMUNICATION/THERAPEUTIC RELATIONSHIPS; Communicates and collaborates with all health team members, patients, and families face to face, using the telephone, or with written adjuncts. Ensures patient care needs are met in a timely manner and follow through is initiated and/or completed. May act as a patient advocate. Remains informed of discharge plans. Encourages open communication to foster a positive, professional environment. Incorporates the care model into patient care. Utilizes systems to remain apprised of patient status/needs and of facilitating information to physicians and oncoming shifts.
6. TEACHING/COACHING SKILLS: Provides patient/family teaching using a variety of audio-visual aids and written instructional materials. Uses child/adult learning principles in teaching. Provides mini in-services to new staff as appropriate. Supervises new staff in skills. Is accessible and responsive to other staff. Identifies opportunities to offer support to staff.
1. Patient care environment. Moderate to heavy lifting; prolonged standing and walking; bending and stooping. Potential contact with blood and body fluids.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the position.
*Additional duties when Charge Nurse role assumed
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
2. Minimum of six months to one year of experience in specialty area preferred.
3. BLS, ACLS, and PALS required from the American Heart Association
Job : Nursing
Primary Location : MA-Framingham
Hospital/Facility : MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: : Full-time
Shift Type: : Days
If other shift, specify: Every Other Holiday and Weekend Required
Shift begin time: : 11:00 AM
Shift end time: : 11:00 PM
Req ID: 2105037320