Tenet Healthcare Pharmacist Per Diem Rotate FUH in Framingham, Massachusetts
Pharmacist Per Diem Rotate FUH - 2105016733
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 America’s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
Under general supervision of Pharmacy management and according to established policies and procedures, dispenses medications according to physician orders, monitors patient drug therapy, performs clinical functions per department guidelines, performs and documents therapeutic drug interventions as necessary, and provides drug information. Staff pharmacists supervise and direct supportive personnel.
Principal & Duties:
1. Reviews, interprets, and fills physician medication orders properly, assuring that drug therapy and dosing is safe and appropriate for patient diagnosis, age, weight, and clinical profile. Assures the pharmacy patient profile is accurate and complete with information necessary for evaluating safe and appropriate use of medications.
2. Accurately compounds and dispenses pharmaceuticals. Supervises technicians' workflow as necessary and ensure that all drug products processed by technicians are prepared accurately and under proper conditions. Assures adequate control and documentation of controlled substances following state and federal regulations.
3. Supports Pharmacy Department clinical functions, provides education to nursing staff, rounds with physicians where appropriate, acts as liaison pharmacist to specified units as directed. Follows Hospital's formulary guidelines when making recommendations to physicians. Documents clinical intervention per department policy.
4. Participates in ongoing QI programs, including monitoring and reporting of ADR's, medication errors, MUE studies. Participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures that promote effective, appropriate, and safe drug use. Ensures compliance with Hospital policies and procedures that apply to pharmacy services.
5. Participates in the orientation, education, and training programs provided for the pharmacy staff. Performs other professional duties such as patient education, in services, and drug information.
6. Communicates with pharmacy management on matters requiring their attention.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy. Licensed Pharmacist in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
2. Hospital pharmacy experience preferred.
3. BS or Pharm D, residency and/or clinical experience preferred.
4. Strong organizational, clinical, and communication skills, with attention to details
Job : Pharmacy
Primary Location : MA-Framingham
Hospital/Facility : MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: : PT2Y
Shift Type: : Rotate
Req ID: 2105016733