Sanofi Group Manager Health & Safety-Framingham, MA in Framingham, Massachusetts
The Health Safety and Environmental group (HSE) is responsible for implementing programs and policies that comply with all local, state and federal HSE rules and regulations and continuously strive to reduce the incidence and severity of occupational injury and illness. The HSE department promotes a safe and environmentally friendly work environment through the integration of value added HSE programs, policies and services.
POSITION OVERVIEW/KEY RESPONSIBILTIES*:
The H&S Program Manager is responsible for interfacing with all levels of the organization to ensure necessary and sustainable H&S systems, programs, procedures, training, work practices, and controls are developed and implemented to maintain compliance with applicable H&S regulations and address identified risks.
· Develop, modify, implement, and maintain health and safety, and environmental (H&S) policies and procedures to achieve compliance with Laws, regulations and company standards and improve H&S performance.
· Keep current on and evaluate the impacts of new and changing H&S regulations, Company H&S Standards and other requirements affecting the business.
· Oversee periodic audits and inspections of operations to assure compliance with company policies and procedures.
· Support Campus HSE Client(s) assuring Annual Improvement Plans (PASS) are developed, risk assessments are updated annually, Department Risk maps are updated, posted and accurate, incidents are properly investigated,
· Participate in establishing and tracking department goals that will positively impact and add value to the organization. Determine objectives and effectively manage projects in support of goals.
· Develop, mentor, and lead Campus workers in the management of work teams to achieve project objectives and department goals.
· Influence H&S policy and strategy that is in alignment with the needs of the business.
· Liaise with other sites to ensure continuity of H&S compliance programs at the network level.
· Develop H&S training programs to ensure effective training of staff at all levels of the organization that is commensurate with expected competencies and meet expected regulatory obligations.
· Participate in department budget preparation and tracking. Ensure that projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
· Act as an agent of positive change to build an effective H&S culture. Support Sanofi Manufacturing System elements including, but not limited to +QDCI deployment, Managerial Safety Visits, HSE Metrics reporting and Dashboard, Learning Experience Reporting etc.
· Provide subject matter expertise for H&S technical activities.
* Key Responsibilities may differ among employees with the same job title and may change over time, in accordance with business needs
LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATIONS: N/A if this position does not have direct reports
· Lead and motivate teams to work together to achieve a common goal.
· Set a good example and treat other members of the team with respect.
· Be willing to learn and make courageous decisions.
Lead the Business
· Work independently and effectively in an evolving, complex and dynamic environment.
· Provide clear direction and instruction through open, honest and effective communication.
· Look internally and externally for best practices and areas for improvement.
Deliver to Customers
· Build relationships as required to achieve goals while meeting the needs of the business.
· Create a vision for the H&S organization while striving to improve operations.
· Be accountable and maintain high standards of performance.
Bachelor’s degree with 7-10 years of H&S experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Solid knowledge of H&S regulations. A H&S Subject Matter Expert
Proven track record in the implementation of H&S compliance programs.
Understanding of risk assessment and management.
Experience in accident/incident investigation and root cause analysis.
Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in both verbal and written formats to a wide variety of audiences.
Ability to solve high level, complex problems and arrive at sound conclusions using available data. Skilled at determining and obtaining needed information for effective decision making.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Training and experience in incident command, emergency response, HAZMAT, and first aid response.
· Experience with ISO/OHSAS Management Systems.
· Industry Certifications: such as Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist.
· More than 2 years’ experience managing H&S staff.
· 1-3 years’ experience working in a GMP environment.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business.
Ability to gown to gain entry to manufacturing space.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi, Empowering Life