Tenet Healthcare ED Tech Emergency Department Days Per Diem in Framingham, Massachusetts
ED Tech Emergency Department Days Per Diem - 2205001024
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 America’s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general supervision of Charge Nurse or a Registered Nurse and according to established Emergency Department policies and procedures, maintains appropriate level of supplies and cleaning of equipment for the Emergency Department. Assists with observation and moving and restraining of patients as necessary. Provides emergency services to adult, geriatric, and pediatric patients as instructed. Also transports patients or specimens to appropriate departments. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients in the following age groups: All ages; Neonate; Infancy; Toddler; Preschool; School age; Adolescent; Adult; Geriatric.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists with patient care: transports patients; performs stat duties as situations necessitate; performs EKG's as needed, appropriately placing electrodes and securing a hard copy of the patient's permanent record and assuring it is properly marked with patient’s name and number; takes patient’s pulse ox and/or vital signs, referring problems to nursing staff as situation necessitates. Assists with positioning and/or moving patients from stretchers to wheelchairs. Assists in the restraining of patients, using the team approach. Also responsible for the observation of disruptive patients in restraints, watching for escalation of behavior. Assists with other patient care as required. Applies Nasal Cannula Oxygen as directed by RN, obtains specimens, such as urine, as directed, performs bedside testing and quality control, also performs noninvasive oxygen saturations and peak flow measurements on patients in need of respiratory readings, performs visual acuities as directed. Makes up stretchers and beds as necessary. Maintains area in clean and orderly condition, following all sterile procedures. Observes universal precautions as required. Performs phlebotomy duties as needed, following all sterile procedures and proper labeling techniques. At all times observes patient for negative reactions and takes appropriate measures to allay patient anxiety. Disposes of used needles or equipment according to established safety procedures.
2. Each shift is responsible for stocking the Emergency Department supply areas and for checking equipment and cleaning or sterilizing as necessary. Performs other related duties as needed. Maintains and ensures adequate and appropriate levels of supplies or equipment at all times.
3. Transports specimens to appropriate lab area as needed. Obtains supplies from Distribution, Central Supply, Medical Records, or Dietary as required by shift procedures for the Department.
4. Assists with other duties, such as answering telephones and/or other patient related duties as needed.
5. May assist with resuscitation of patients as situation necessitates under direction of RN.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. The level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a High School Diploma with specialized courses in phlebotomy procedures, formal training for the team approach to patient intervention, EKG training, and basic training for vital signs and related patient care. Yearly certification required. CPR certification required.
2. Minimum of 6 months’ experience as an Emergency Technician or related experience.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
Job : Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location : MA-Framingham
Hospital/Facility : MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: : PT2Y
Shift Type: : Days
Req ID: 2205001024