Steward Health Care System Physician Assistant in Fall River, Massachusetts
(Use bullets for specific responsibilities)
• Communicate and coordinate effectively with supervising physician and other health professionals
• Clearly communicate with patients and their families
• Provide superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients
• Identify and assess problems while interviewing and examining patients
• Order and interpret lab and imaging studies, prescribe medications, complete paperwork, and formulate treatment plans in collaboration with supervising physician
• Provide pre and post-operative patient education
• Acts as surgical first assist for a variety of Neurosurgery and General Surgery procedures, both intracranial and spine
• Management of inpatient and outpatient Neurosurgery and General Surgery issues, including perioperative care.
• Works in a collaborative fashion along with supervising physician to manage post-operative patients in PACU, floor, or ICU
• Covers some evening phone calls, assists supervising physician with rounds on weekends if needed, and may intermittently cover first call from answering service
• Perform Basic and Advanced Life Support measures as necessary
• Perform similar and related duties as requested by supervising physician
• Participate in data collection and research as directed
• Reports immediately to supervising physician any deviation of normal operations
• Participates in Hospital Incident Reporting System and other risk management activities
• Shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
(Examples: Ability to work independently and take initiative; Good judgment and problem solving skills; Communication skills; Interpersonal and organizational skills; Level of confidentiality)
Ability to make sound judgments and problem solve
Ability to work independently and take initiative.
Excellent Organizational and communication skills
Education: Graduation from an AMA accredited Physician Assistant Program required.
Experience (Type & Length): One year experience in a surgical program preferred.
Certification/Licensure: Massachusetts license to practice as a Physician Assistant required. Current BLS and ACLS certification required. Medical Staff office ensures DEA/MA Control substance licensure.