Baystate Health PSC Phlebotomy Technician in East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health, a leading not-for-profit integrated health system, is transforming the delivery of health care to the communities it serves. Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout Western Massachusetts. With about 12,000 employees, a 1,200-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.3 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children’s hospital and three community hospitals. It also includes a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 205,000-member health insurance company.
What You Need to Know:
- Location: Baystate Reference Laboratories- East Longmeadow, MA
- Shift and Hours: Every Saturday, 4 hour shift, 8AM-12PM
Baystate Health is seeking a Part-Time PSC Phlebotomy Technician
What You Will Do:
- Possesses proficient level of skill and knowledge of phlebotomy procedures, point of care procedures principals and techniques to perform venipuncture and capillary puncture on diverse patient types
- Competent with assessment of vein size, location and position for vascular access from diverse patient types
- Competent knowledge of routine lab tests and specimen requirements, as well as skills related to specimen receiving, processing and handling responsibilities
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma/GED and completion of formal phlebotomy or other medical program required¿
- Completion of formal phlebotomy or other medical program such as Medical Assistant, CLA, Technical Associate, etc.
- Minimum of 12 months experience in Phlebotomy
- Proficient knowledge of phlebotomy and techniques acquired through clinical experience. Possesses typing skills and basic knowledge of computers.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required, or needs to be completed within 1 year
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 81869
Location: East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Part-Time