Steward Health Care System Senior Director, Behavioral Health Servi in Dorchester, Massachusetts
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
TITLE: Senior Director of Behavioral Health
JOB CODE: CAR-10000
DEPARTMENT: Psych Services Administration
FLSA STATUS : Exempt
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer / Chief Nursing Officer
(Briefly describe the overall purpose of this position - Why does it exist and how does it contribute to the overall organization?)
The Behav io ra l Health Senior Director is responsible for the overall coordination , a d m i n i s t r a ti on , and management of healthcare services for the psychiatric units at Carney Hospital, initially with the plan to move to the second Steward Hospital location , and then o v e r s ee both behavioral health services. The BH Sr. Director owns the Behavioral Health units at Carney Hospital ( & beyond) and coordinates with the onsite Administrator to provide overall program direction for the psychiatric department . The BHSD also ensures high quality , high u t i l i za t i o n , and adherence to both Diamond Healthcare and hospital policies and procedures and plans.
The position is multidisciplinary in scope, including social services, case management, and nursing (clinical managers, staff nurses, and mental health workers).
The BHSD will establish annual goals, assess performance, and develop divisional operating , staffing, and capital budgets based-upon established goals.
The BHSD reports to the CNO/COO and will work with the senior leadership team, department managers, and medical staff to ensure that the behavioral health function is eff e c t i ve l y ru n . He/she will actively participate with medical staff on key committees.
The Behavioral Healthcare Sr. Director has the following duties and responsibilities:
• Plans, organizes, and manages the department recognizing the impact of the healthcare environment on hospital operations. Directs the behavioral function in an efficient, effective manner, including:
o establishing goals and objectives consistent with those of the Hospital. o providing a formal liaison with the clinical team.
o maintaining accountability and responsibility for the implementation and evaluation of fiscal performance.
• Plans for short-term demands and long-term growth of services by participating in institutional strategic planning.
• Establishes acceptable staffing patterns consistent with patient care needs, budget, and productivity measures.
• Directs the establishment of new programs and expansion of existing programs to maximize divisions' revenue.
• Establishes an organizational structure and environment to provide needed services, job satisfaction, and professional growth. Organizes and directs mechanisms and structures for communication, committee functions, and problem-solving.
• Implements programs to ensure recruitment and retention of clinical staff, which meet institutional needs.
• Coordinates activities with staff education, human resources, and collective bargaining representatives to include written agreements.
• Accountable for clinical practice; initiates and develops organizational policy and systems.
• Provides direction and maintains standards of patient care. Responds to data collected in evaluating patient care.
• Plans and facilitates educational opportunities and changes to improve methods of patient care delivery.
• Coordinates information from management tools such as quality improvement reports, patient surveys, and incident reports to direct appropriate feedback for change.
• Assumes responsibility for professional growth and involvement.
• Functions as a role model for professional practice.
• Demonstrates leadership abilities and principles of administration.
• Organizes responsibilities to reflect representation in the profession, community activities, and professional development.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
(Examples: Ability to work independently and take initiative; Good judgment and problem solving skills; Communication skills; Interpersonal and organizational skills; Level of confidentiality)
Specific qualifications for the Behavioral Health Executive Director include:
• Master's degree in Business , Healthcare , or Psychology , Nursing , Counseling, or a related field preferred
• Minimum of 7 years of hospital based psychiatric management experience
• U nderstanding of and ability to operate under contract management
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Computer proficiency
• Marketing e x perience a plus
• Bilingual ability i n English and Spanish a plus
A b i l i ti e s , S kil l s . and Other Characteristics:
• A visible , engaged leader who is hands-on, a strategic thinker.
• Ability to evaluate and develop staff.
• An experienced change -ag ent who is innovati v e .
• High energy with a sense of humor and positive attitude.
• Ability to be effective and progressive with limited resources.
• Personable, optimistic demeanor with the ability to quickly build trust.
• Encourages nursing staff members to work as a collaborative team.
• Holds staff accountable while demanding strong clinical standards.
• Strength in team building and leadership development.
• Excellent communication skills , able to articulate and justify needs.
• A self-motivated and result-oriented individual; confident and decisive .
• Solid financial skills to effectively apply resources to achieve optimal service and quality.
• An open , collaborative management style.