American Red Cross Laboratory Specialist - Blood Bank, Day Shift (Union) in Dedham, Massachusetts
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is "yes", then we invite you to become a Lab Specialist in the Immunohematology Reference Lab at the American Red Cross!
Document telephone messages and IRL customer orders for special blood products. Coordinate, transport and monitor blood samples (as applicable). Monitor and order supplies. Maintain inventories for IRL reagents, supplies, equipment, and products. Data entry. Manufacture components (as applicable). Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures, Safety Quality Identity Potency Purity (SQUIPP), regulations outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Information Act (CLIA) and other applicable Federal, state and local regulations.
The incumbent reports to the Supervisor of a specified laboratory.
· May perform various testing as is required in the IRL Lab such as (antigen screening, HgbS screening) under direct supervision as applicable.
· Perform requesting/ordering, receiving, inspection and storage of IRL supplies and reagents. Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies.
· Operate, maintain and may perform quality control checks on laboratory equipment.
· May perform inventory management, coordination and shipment duties associated with donor products.
· Maintains knowledge of procedures necessary to perform tests and interpret tests and to generate results. Maintain knowledge of procedures necessary to do so.
· Maintains daily function in line with IRL quality and compliance and practices. Daily equipment maintenance checks.
· Maintains neat and accurate records and a clean and orderly work area. Recognizes and reports discrepant results or conditions to the Supervisor.
· Complies with all existing State and Federal regulations, national Red Cross Blood Services Policies, Procedures and work instructions, National Testing Laboratory (NTL)-D policies, and laboratory safety requirements.
· Participates and/or assists in laboratory education and training for certain established functions. May serve as a trainer for new hires, Attends continuing education programs.
· Ensures that performance and productivity standards are met. Endures compliance with state and federal regulation, National Red Cross BSDs, American Association of Blood Banks standards, and New England Region policies and procedures
· Ensures that customer satisfaction is always given top priority.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· B.A. in Chemistry, Biology, Medical Laboratory Science or Certified M.L.T. One (1) year of serological testing experience in a medical laboratory environment.
· Post-training schedule will be Monday-Friday - First Shift Flex.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.